291188.jpg

"* Based on a harem romcom manga written by Nakamura Rikito and drawn by Nozawa Yukiko.

Aijou Rentarou has asked a hundred girls out and struck out every time. In desperation, he prays for guidance, only to be told by a god that his rejections were due to a cosmic mishap! Now this god will set things right by making sure Aijou gets one hundred dates. Except, as things often go with gods, there's a catch: each of his one hundred dates is Aijou's destined soulmate! Worse, if he doesn't return their feelings, they'll all die in horrible—and hilarious—accidents!

Source: Seven Seas Entertainment"

Research

From reading the manga, this gets a precursory thumbs up from me, but after seeing the first episode, I can say the adaptation looks to be on point. This is a comedy, first and foremost. The harem is the vehicle for jokes going forward, if your worry is about the promotion of polygamy; in the series, almost half the jokes are about how impossible it would be for anyone to please this many ladies and the lengths Rentaro goes through to do just that. The real strength of this series in my experience lies in its ability to lean into 4th wall breaking elements that have been thankfully adapted to anime as of episode 1, and the sheer variety of jokes. There's a lot of fun to be had here if you don't take it too seriously.