Thread: 20 years of GotWoot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    At the end of the day, the site's existence is purely up to Complich, so technically all of this could disappear tomorrow. Like DBZ said, this isn't really a living site anymore, with the registration having been closed for many years, so I kind of doubt Gotwoot would resurface if Complich decided to terminate it. It's already quite remarkable he has kept this online purely for old times sake.

The current Gotwoot irc channel was created by Archie, who is no longer among us.

I'm not using any other anime forum, so this has been it for me. I don't watch more than a few series a season these days, so it's also enough. Back when Gotwoot was truly alive, I'd watch a dozen series, so a more living forum was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The current Gotwoot irc channel was created by Archie, who is no longer among us.
    As in he got bored and left, right? Right?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    As in he got bored and left, right? Right?
    He disappeared one day and never logged back into GW, IRC or his gaming accounts since. He mentioned he felt sick with perhaps a respiratory focus a day or two before this happened (this was pre-COVID). He hasn't responded to his emails, and showed no intention of leaving prior to this happening.

A few of us are pretty sure he didn't leave voluntarily.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Reasonably sure I've seen his exact avatar on right-wing American news sites comments at least once...which tracks with most of his posts here.
    So fitting and so hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    He disappeared one day and never logged back into GW, IRC or his gaming accounts since. He mentioned he felt sick with perhaps a respiratory focus a day or two before this happened (this was pre-COVID). He hasn't responded to his emails, and showed no intention of leaving prior to this happening.

A few of us are pretty sure he didn't leave voluntarily.
    That is depressing
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!