290387.jpg

"The 19th century — a world inhabited by vampires, golems, werewolves and other paranormal creatures. Immortal beauty and disembodied head Rindou Aya, along with half-human-half-demon "Demon Killer" Shin'uchi Tsugaru and her loyal maid Hasei Shizuku, travels through Europe as supernatural detective "The Cage User," solving supernatural mysteries while she searches for her lost body.

Source: Crunchyroll"

Genre(s): Mystery, Supernatural, Action(?)

1-2

Glad I gave this a second episode, becuase the first one was less interesting as it was mostly setup. It also wasn't indicative about what the show brings to the table. I had to double check that this wasn't written by Gen Urobuchi because the dialogue felt so similar to his; characters bantering why waxing philosophic... it got the job done but didn't inspire.

Thankfully, once the second episode began and the first mystery afoot, things became so much better. I owl eyed at the sudden and unwelcome end of the second ep and had to double check that the runtime wasn't truncated. The highest praise I can give, really. Ryll has been singing its praises in the seasonal thread, and is correct. Give this a try if you like mysteries and a decidedly less... anime take on the supernatural.