Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming Anime Season: Summer 2023

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Zom 100 best show this season :>
    Because it's totally realistic and every single human being on earth knows that this is how work.. works.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Zom 100 best show this season :>
    Because it's totally realistic and every single human being on earth knows that this is how work.. works.
    I found the manga repetitive, stale, and boring. It's allegedly seinen, but doesn't feel even remotely like it. The anime makes him look even younger (which I already had an issue with when the manga premiered, the guy is in his mid-20s and spent years being worked to death but looks like a high school first year) and also gives him basically superhuman abilities.

Also played Sunset Overdrive, so the premise isn't original and does nothing for me.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Deku's VA helped a bit.
    I guess his skills in evading zombies come from his rugby years.
    His build only allows fast and agile player roles in rugby, so that's what he was if he was a regular till his last year.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Helck was an extremely good first episode.

Right mix of petty physical comedy and deep dread about the things hinted at in the episode. The voice cast is good and while the animation looks a little on the plain side, it is supposed to be. Highly recommend anyone watch the first episode.

Everything of the new season has started, right?

So, any outstanding shows? Anything on the level of Oshi no Ko? Some Attack on Titan-rival? A new Death Note? What am I missing?

I literally have 1 new anime I'm watching :/ (Zom 100)

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

You're watching a style-over-substance adaptation of a mediocre series that does nothing to improve it and only makes its flaws more obvious. Everyone is praising the first episode, but the series falls off hard. It is a flawless one-shot, but a bland and uninspired series.

Undead Girl Murder Farce is quite entertaining and the episodes zip by despite it being a very wordy show. Considering mediocre scoring on the manga of that, its anime has only improved the series. The cast is great, the pace is snappy, the timing on the jokes is great, and the world setting is quite interesting for a detective show. Episode 2 was packed with dialogue just like the first, but it felt like it was only 5 minutes long, which is a very good sign.

You're not giving Helck enough time, which admittedly has a weak opening arc.

I thought you were watching Mushoku Tensei? (It's new if it isn't a carry-over from last season in my mind)
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Fri, 07-14-2023 at 03:24 PM.

I dont consider Mushoku S2 "new" so I didn't count it. Ofc, I'm watching it.

Watched the trailer for Undead Girl Murder Face and was really put off by it. Isn't there any more "serious" story? Something like, dunno, Ajin or Scrapped Princess?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Isn't there any more "serious" story? Something like, dunno, Ajin or Scrapped Princess?
    This season?! Nah. You can watch Oooku I guess, which is not my cup of tea. This season is all romances, comedies, combinations, or detective stories.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Have any must-see anime aired already? Something that most fans agree upon is a must, like Oshi no Ko last season?
    I don't know what to like until Mother's Basement and Gigguk tell me what to like.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I don't know what to like until Mother's Basement and Gigguk tell me what to like.
    And youre not even joking