Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Oshi no Ko

Seems like healthy behavior...

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Aqua trying to find his genitor from inside the entertainment industry feels wrong in the sense that said genitor was able to orchestrate Ai's murder without being caught.
    That guy probably has most of the wits and other qualities Aqua has.
    For that guy, monitoring Aqua is easy if he is still part of that industry.
    He could even be that director... instructing him to suffer instead of enjoying his acting.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    For that guy, monitoring Aqua is easy if he is still part of that industry.
    I think Aqua is relying on his target not knowing he's Ai's kid. And thus, not being on the lookout for him.

1. the father definitely knows that aqua and ruby are the kids. she told him over the phone that there are twins, and with the two of them being registered under her agent household, there isn't room for debate.
    2. that being said, he isn't necessarily the super genius Aqua is. Aqua is like what he is because of his past life as a doctor. not because of Ai's genes. also, Aqua himself isn't kind of super genius. he's just a very smart person with more life experience than it seems. we had a similar conversation back in S1, talking about how much of an advantage being a reincarnated doctor is.

on to the episode,
    the director getting this week marking for "best girl".
    I like how they played with Kana's reflection facing the other way.

I don't like how they shot the entire play. It's actively going against what they preach. they say that acting should be done with the entire body, and be understood even from a distance, and then put all the interesting parts in close-ups. they say they want the audience to become fans of theater, but never let us get excited for acting. sure, i get how amazing and technological the stage is, with all the effects and colors and transitions, but it's not clear how much of that is diegetic and what the audience sees. they mention blocking, but we either get to see the action from the POV of the other actors (and sometimes even closer than that), or we get a long shot from the last row with the characters barely visible. I'd really rather have the play scenes be from a middle-distance, like what someone in the 5th row would see.
    keep the artsy parts for the flashback / reaction shots - Like Arima being more and more in the dark as her career (and her mothers' state) plummets, which is a good use of animation, or Akanes' mental state, which is unphased on the outside, but completely wild on the inside. even the weird AMV of Arima & Aqua was fine, it seemed like they somehow run out of budget like 90's Gainax and had to dub static shots.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    He knows Ai came to his remote (from Tokyo) hospital in secret. So it might be that blonde father doesn't even know he has children.
    But if that director and Akane can connect the dots, maybe that guy can too. It depends if he's around and can get close enough like those two. My guess is he might understand if he approaches Ruby, as he seems to target young (underage by our standards) female artists.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

there's a scene in the first episode with her talking to the father from a public phone

in the manga it's the beginning of chapter 8.

The director doesn't care if Aqua chooses this twisted path, as long as it makes Aqua act well. I suppose the director has also seen too much in life and became disillusioned, apart from brief moments, such as actors during their best moments He would then be chasing those moments. Alternatively the director mght be counting on Aqua coming back to his senses later. Who knows; his character is quite hard to define.

It's sad and ironic that out of Ai's twins, Ruby is the one who really wants to shine in front of an audience, yet her opportunities to do it are few and far between. Aqua doesn't want to do it, but he's been doing it since childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's sad and ironic that out of Ai's twins, Ruby is the one who really wants to shine in front of an audience, yet her opportunities to do it are few and far between. Aqua doesn't want to do it, but he's been doing it since childhood.
    The maturity and experience he had from being an adult gave him a head start.

Ruby is older now than she was when she died. She has no advantages from her past life.