Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Oshi no Ko

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    It's as you say. But maybe Aqua chose to believe for now because he needs a pause and get rid of the weight he's been carrying for so long, even if for a short time.
    We know Aqua is smart and even if he tries to forget and move on, learning they plan a trip to Miyazaki right after that scene tells us the audience shit is going to hit the fan (maybe a pun in there hahaha)
    And we even get several reminders of the sinister imoortance of that place, last scene included.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

How was his body never found? He died not far from the hospital.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    How was his body never found? He died not far from the hospital.
    Cheap writing:
    His former body was used by his biological father for his false double suicide with Himeka's mother...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

People disappear all the time. Many are presumed dead, though no body is ever found. Sometimes a body is found many years later by pure coincidence or due to new information surfacing, even a murderer confessing near their natural death of old age. The Japanese police isn't exactly near the top in skills, procedures, or techniques, so I doubt there was much effort to find the corpse in the first place.

That composer was just horny, come on Pregnant Ai-chan 2.0 in the making!!!

Anyway, not sure why you'd be disappointed in Aqua. He was sure the villain was his biological father. That father is confirmed dead. When he found out, all the tension suddenly fleed him. I understand that. Imagine you've been learning for an important test, only to find out the day before the test that everyone passes automatically due to some new rule. You'd lose all the built-up stress from one to the other moment.

That said, I don't believe it's that simple either. My first thought was that the half-brother himself is the evil guy or at least part of it. First of all, we don't know if he's even telling the truth. Secondly, he said he hated his father. That's a pretty severe thing to say for someone who just slept around with women and wasn't successful at his job. Considering that Himewaka has been portrayed as pretty smart, too, I can see him being the bad guy. Setting up the murder of Ai-chan who, in his eyes, caused his parents' double suicide. Or maybe he caused the double suicide, too, because his parents' relationship was made miserable by the dad's affair with Ai-chan and he did a tabula rasa on all of them.

Fucking hate the new, grey haired girl. Pls don't let her be a reincarnation of Ai-chan, sigh.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Imagine you've been learning for an important test, only to find out the day before the test that everyone passes automatically due to some new rule. You'd lose all the built-up stress from one to the other moment.
    I've never been a paranoid person, per se, but even back when I was in high school, I wouldn't have believed that unless I got the info from an official source. Even if my best friend had told me that, I wouldn't have believed it just like that. I wouldn't have thought the friend was lying, I'd have merely thought he fell victim to rumours. If it was some random person I had interacted with rather minimally, yeah, right, no chance. Forget about easily believing such a thing later in my life, which would be the case for Aqua, who's accumulating life experience from a second life already. And what's my life experience compared to Aqua's? The dude was first murdered and then he witnessed his (second) mother get brutally murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    That said, I don't believe it's that simple either. My first thought was that the half-brother himself is the evil guy or at least part of it. First of all, we don't know if he's even telling the truth. Secondly, he said he hated his father. That's a pretty severe thing to say for someone who just slept around with women and wasn't successful at his job. Considering that Himewaka has been portrayed as pretty smart, too, I can see him being the bad guy. Setting up the murder of Ai-chan who, in his eyes, caused his parents' double suicide. Or maybe he caused the double suicide, too, because his parents' relationship was made miserable by the dad's affair with Ai-chan and he did a tabula rasa on all of them.
    He would have been less than ten years old when Ai died. In the most mellow scenario, I reckon he just doesn't care that much. Why would he? He's not looking for a murderer and he never liked his father. The supposed double suicide wouldn't have affected him overly much. In a more severe scenario he knows much more than he's telling, maybe to the point of if not knowing, at least suspecting it was not a double suicide but a murder. In the worst scenario he's actually cooperating with the murderer to some degree and also knows the man who died in the double suicide (murder) wasn't even his real father, just a sacrificial dummy. So, in the worst scenario he would be wilfully lying to Aqua and protecting the real father/murderer.