Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Oshi no Ko

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    Ai was a teen mother, maybe she didn't like being called "mom!" and preferred to think of herself as still young. maybe it was orders from the boss, so even if someone catches her and the kids together, she could still claim deniability?

we know it's not true, but I'll argue anyway.
    Meanwhile Akane batmanning: "Ai was his mom. Wait, he calls his mom by her first name? Alabama vibes incoming. Incestuous relationship? Keeps a distance towards both me and that Arima-pig despite both of us being among the hottest girls. Why? Has sister who pursues same career path as mother who she mimicks in a lot of ways. Wait, Aqua's sister mimics Ai. Aqua loves Ai. Does that mean ...?!"

>_>

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

So, now Akane knows something extremely fundamental about Aqua and Ruby. Not that she would be able to use that knowledge against Arima.

It's quite intering Aqua was given this role if none of his past characters suggest he could pull it off. But then again, he's only a high school kid (in the eyes of everybody), so it could be too early to typecast him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I wonder if Akane realised how weird it is for a teenage boy to call their mum by their first name like that though.
    Considering the people we are talking about, I reckon it's not necessarily impossible. Ai was a through and through idol. It's not like Akane would know what she was like at home, but with her specific skill, she would be able to create an image of a woman who was also an idol back home. She would also be able to imagine two little kids chanting "Ai! Ai!", like Ai's thousands of fans would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's quite intering Aqua was given this role if none of his past characters suggest he could pull it off. But then again, he's only a high school kid (in the eyes of everybody), so it could be too early to typecast him too much.
    They also cast Melt, and he's not a good actor. they expect the show to be carried by the production for the wow-effect, the theater for acting, and the brand to drive ticket sales.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    This was before the script got hard and actually tested acting skills.

As for the "Aqua could refer to Ai by name" reasons, he's currently calling her in his sleep. So the concert thing would be weird and all. Imaging a scenario where Ai trained her kids to only call her Ai despite them knowing she's their mother is also quite awkward to imagine, but I acknowledge that the scene that occurred this episode (Aqua says "Ai", Akane connects the dots) wouldn't have worked without Aqua actually calling Ai's name.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~