Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Oshi no Ko

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Indeed pretty cool development. What comes to Akane, though, I don't believe, at all, that Aqua actually loves her. He's so full of guilt due to "using" Akane's Sherlock skills that it's probably out of obligation he's, still, going out with her. Now he's just not expecting anything from her, due to having shut down his brain. It's pretty ironic that he started using her to make progress, yet he never really did, at the end of the day. It was thanks to the laborous and meticulous DNA testing that he found his (fake) culprit. He didn't run it through Akane in any significant detail because he was merely reporting to her, not trying to analyse the results with her, in an interactive manner. So, while Akane recognised a weakness, like Ryll has pointed out many times, Aqua just wasn't interested anymore.
    While I also don't think Aqua is heads over heel for Akane, I must say: When DOES someone love another? Do you think Aqua LOVES Arima? I don't think so. Love, actual love, is something that builds over time. Otherwise it's vanity or a one-sided crush, but true love? So whether Aqua LOVES Akane or not, this is now the starting line where true love COULD bloom.

I didn't like the music video, but it's not the music video's fault. I imagine it was exactly like an idol music video has to be. It's just not the kind of music I'd ever listen to. I guess that's why I usually skip anime OPs, yet watch/listen to the EDs. Of course not every single anime in history has has that exact distinction between the OP and ED, but surprisingly often they do.
    I didn't like it as their debut song, their first own song. This is the kind of song you do when you already have a truly great signature song. But this one is not the kind of song you want to scream to the world "B KOMACHI IS BACK, EVERYONE!". It's too generic for that. Also, I'm pretty sure I played to a very similar song in one of the PS Vita-Hatsune Miku games ;>
    Last edited by MFauli; Today at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    While I also don't think Aqua is heads over heel for Akane, I must say: When DOES someone love another? Do you think Aqua LOVES Arima? I don't think so. Love, actual love, is something that builds over time. Otherwise it's vanity or a one-sided crush, but true love? So whether Aqua LOVES Akane or not, this is now the starting line where true love COULD bloom.
    Probably not, but he's somewhat fascinated by Arima. Like she affects him emotionally. Akane shook him emotionally due to copying Ai's behavior, but that quickly passed and he was just convinced she could help him find the killer. Now he feels incredibly bad about using a teenager in such a manner. Considering Aqua is a person who, at some level, believes he shoudn't be alive anymore and his only reason to be was to find the killer, I'm not sure he's capable of building love over time like you mentioned. Though I don't expect it to happen, but in theory he might be a good husband for Akane. I don't think Akane is an overly emotional person, so she might be happy enough that the man she loves is there for her. Arima is quite different, I reckon. Arima actively suppresses a lot of her own personality to make it in the industry, but it's still all there, especially when there's no camera and no business talk. If her boyfriend/husband didnt love her, I don't believe the relationship would last.

Btw, the quote tags are broken in your comment.