Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Oshi no Ko

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    Ai was a teen mother, maybe she didn't like being called "mom!" and preferred to think of herself as still young. maybe it was orders from the boss, so even if someone catches her and the kids together, she could still claim deniability?

we know it's not true, but I'll argue anyway.
    Meanwhile Akane batmanning: "Ai was his mom. Wait, he calls his mom by her first name? Alabama vibes incoming. Incestuous relationship? Keeps a distance towards both me and that Arima-pig despite both of us being among the hottest girls. Why? Has sister who pursues same career path as mother who she mimicks in a lot of ways. Wait, Aqua's sister mimics Ai. Aqua loves Ai. Does that mean ...?!"

>_>

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

So, now Akane knows something extremely fundamental about Aqua and Ruby. Not that she would be able to use that knowledge against Arima.

It's quite intering Aqua was given this role if none of his past characters suggest he could pull it off. But then again, he's only a high school kid (in the eyes of everybody), so it could be too early to typecast him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I wonder if Akane realised how weird it is for a teenage boy to call their mum by their first name like that though.
    Considering the people we are talking about, I reckon it's not necessarily impossible. Ai was a through and through idol. It's not like Akane would know what she was like at home, but with her specific skill, she would be able to create an image of a woman who was also an idol back home. She would also be able to imagine two little kids chanting "Ai! Ai!", like Ai's thousands of fans would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's quite intering Aqua was given this role if none of his past characters suggest he could pull it off. But then again, he's only a high school kid (in the eyes of everybody), so it could be too early to typecast him too much.
    They also cast Melt, and he's not a good actor. they expect the show to be carried by the production for the wow-effect, the theater for acting, and the brand to drive ticket sales.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    This was before the script got hard and actually tested acting skills.

As for the "Aqua could refer to Ai by name" reasons, he's currently calling her in his sleep. So the concert thing would be weird and all. Imaging a scenario where Ai trained her kids to only call her Ai despite them knowing she's their mother is also quite awkward to imagine, but I acknowledge that the scene that occurred this episode (Aqua says "Ai", Akane connects the dots) wouldn't have worked without Aqua actually calling Ai's name.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 16

-----------------

Well, I'm looking forward to the next episode. I highly doubt Aqua will stuff up his performance, and if anything the two girls will come out of this being equal. I never actually expected them to make Akane more interesting, but they managed to do so. I don't think she was insincere when she said she'd help Aqua kill someone. Putting aside the fact that she suspects someone killed his real mother, she's attached enough to Aqua that her empathy aligns herself with his murderous goal the moment he mentions it.

next episode is the big play!

how many episodes are planned for this season?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    next episode is the big play!

how many episodes are planned for this season?
    MyAnimeList says 13.

Hello plot, where are you?

I guess the scene with Akane saying she'd help Aqua with his murder was the only relevant scene. But all the emphasis on Akane this episode makes me feel like Arima is gonna win the romance contest in the end. Typical setup, have the rival shine first, then the real winner gets to take over. BUt I wanna Akane to win.

Well, looking forward to next episode.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

It somewhat feels like this is the first arc where the voice actors really need to pull everything out of themselves. Since this is a showbiz series, it's naturally much needed. I watch only a fraction of the amount of anime I used to watch, but especially watching Akane and Arima fence with their thorny words, I can't remember the last time I saw an anime where the VAs needed to go so all out.

Not that I'd have ever wanted Aqua to end up with anyone but Arima, but the balcony scene of Akane promising to even aid with a murder was one where I thought Akane is not suitable for someone in Aqua's position. A girlfriend shouldn't assist Aqua in destroying himself. I'm absolutely sure Arima wouldn't do it, while Akane actually would live up to her words. That's also probably why Aqua wouldn't tell Arima such a thing, knowing how Arima would react. Arima would want Aqua to live for himself, for his own future (and her future, if they were a couple), but apparently Akane wouldn't mind Aqua choosing to throw away his life for an already dead person's sake, if that's what he says he wants to do.

But then again, the girls are just teenagers and Aqua is a disturbed man bound to his cursed past.

Not that I'd have ever wanted Aqua to end up with anyone but Arima, but the balcony scene of Akane promising to even aid with a murder was one where I thought Akane is not suitable for someone in Aqua's position. A girlfriend shouldn't assist Aqua in destroying himself.
    Exactly. It makes Akane an enabler and makes them codependent. It's not a healthy relationship.

Episode 17:

And the plot has said bye

I didn't expect to enjoy this whole theater play, nor care about that one dude's troubles, but in the end this was a pretty entertaining episode. No doubt partially because after several episodes of nothing but rehearsing, it was good to see them pull it off. On a more ruthless note, if this means this particular arc is ending, that's also good. It ought to mean Aqua will get the piece of information he's trying to earn. Although, to be honest, I actully care less about that than seeing how he will cope with his crucial scene in the play, beating his PTSD. The whole finding the murderer plot isn't so exceedingly important for me that I couldn't enjoy the main bulk of this series, which is obviously showbiz.

Jesus. Did they spend half their budget on that guy's ascension moment?

That was actually pretty good. Aqua's approach is so typical of him where he's giving practical advice. If the pleb went to anyone else with actual acting skills then they'd be teaching him about how to act for real, which wouldn't get any short term results.

Episode 18

- -- - -

What kind of shit did Kana go through to talk like an adult while still in the single digits of age? I suppose it was necessary for building her character background, but the scene felt pretty unreal. If a child actor, that is, a child, was put through too much to demoralise her, yet create an atmosphere where she feels like she must keep going, nonetheless, I doubt she still would be capable of talking like that and understand so deeply what's going on. Not even every high school age kid could, I'd say. Despite that scene stretching realism too much (in a show where folks got reborn keeping their memories), it was quite nice how it led to Kana suddenly catching herself trying to steal the spotlight from the main character and thus tuned down her acting. I can't say that would be an incorrect decision. Akane seemed to have forgotten it's a big production and had nothing but her old rivalry with Kana in her eyes. As expected, Aqua doesn't give a shit and isn't opposed to assisting Akane in settling her beef with Kana, regardless of the intentions of the director. But then again, it is an action-packed live performance, not a movie, so maybe it doesn't matter.

By the looks of it, we won't get to Aqua confronting his PTSD in the next episode.

Akane continues to be best girl.

Other than that: Still no plot. I really wonder if all we get is a hint at the bad guy Aqua is currently looking for. If even that :/

Episode 18

- -- - -

What kind of shit did Kana go through to talk like an adult while still in the single digits of age? I suppose it was necessary for building her character background, but the scene felt pretty unreal. If a child actor, that is, a child, was put through too much to demoralise her, yet create an atmosphere where she feels like she must keep going, nonetheless, I doubt she still would be capable of talking like that and understand so deeply what's going on. Not even every high school age kid could, I'd say. Despite that scene stretching realism too much (in a show where folks got reborn keeping their memories), it was quite nice how it led to Kana suddenly catching herself trying to steal the spotlight from the main character and thus tuned down her acting. I can't say that would be an incorrect decision. Akane seemed to have forgotten it's a big production and had nothing but her old rivalry with Kana in her eyes. As expected, Aqua doesn't give a shit and isn't opposed to assisting Akane in settling her beef with Kana, regardless of the intentions of the director. But then again, it is an action-packed live performance, not a movie, so maybe it doesn't matter.

By the looks of it, we won't get to Aqua confronting his PTSD in the next episode.
    Have you ever seen child actors from Hollywood? They all talk and behave like little adults, it's the most unlikeable, creepy shit ever.

I'm not watching this season, but I cannot let this slide.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Akane continues to be best girl.
    Wrong.

Kana is the one who Aqua has shown to have actual interest in. Kana isn't the "superior" genius actor and yet, Akane remains haunted by how skilled Kana is despite all her own achievements. Kana consistently plays down to the production's level to result in a better end product, even to her own career detriment. Kana was also picked as B-Komachi's Center because she has undeniable natural charisma when she tries. She's also never lied to Aqua or Ruby about anything concerning their abilities. Kana comes off as abrasive, but she also doesn't spare anyone's feelings instead of being fake which is extremely rare in their industry.

Finally, drag her real talent out and prepare to be annihilated. There's a reason she always plays down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I'm not watching this season, but I cannot let this slide.

Wrong.

Kana is the one who Aqua has shown to have actual interest in. Kana isn't the "superior" genius actor and yet, Akane remains haunted by how skilled Kana is despite all her own achievements. Kana consistently plays down to the production's level to result in a better end product, even to her own career detriment. Kana was also picked as B-Komachi's Center because she has undeniable natural charisma when she tries. She's also never lied to Aqua or Ruby about anything concerning their abilities. Kana comes off as abrasive, but she also doesn't spare anyone's feelings instead of being fake which is extremely rare in their industry.

Finally, drag her real talent out and prepare to be annihilated. There's a reason she always plays down.
    - Kana is the genius, Akane is the hard worker
    - Aqua has shown equal interest in both girls
    - Akane's empathy skills are second only to Batman
    - Akane became an actress without being an asshole to people around her
    - Akane actually wants to help Kana in earnest
    - Akane would support Aqua killing a guy, Kana would be some lame normie-gf trying to stop him
    - Akane is hotter

=> Akane is best girl

PS: Also why aren't you watching the season? Ffs ...

PS: Also why aren't you watching the season? Ffs ...
    Because I hate the 2.5D Stage Play arc. It's mostly past the bad stuff now, but it's an easy skip for me.

- Kana is the genius, Akane is the hard worker
    - Aqua has shown equal interest in both girls
    - Akane would support Aqua killing a guy, Kana would be some lame normie-gf trying to stop him
    - Akane is hotter

=> Akane is best girl
    - That's the truth, but the public perception is the opposite. That's why I put quotes around it. Only Kana, Akane, and Aqua have noticed. That's what Akane is calling her out here.
    - He really has not. Rewatch the scenes about it more carefully. He's only romantically interested by Kana.
    - That's a massive red flag when you think about it.
    - Kana's personality is way better, and that's what matters.

The other stuff doesn't matter or is incorrect, so I won't address it.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 08-14-2024 at 08:17 PM.

- Akane would support Aqua killing a guy
    That's a negative, not a positive.

Aqua doesn't someone playing Harley Quinn to his Joker.