Thread: Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku

282513.jpg

"* Based on an another world fantasy comedy manga by Ichitomo Kazutomo.

Saitou is an ordinary handyman who is reincarnated into another world. He forms a dungeon exploring party with Raelza, a beautiful and strong warrior; Morok, a powerful magician who due to his senility keeps forgetting spells; and Lafanpan, a cute but miserly fairy. His handyman experience is helpful for when they need to open a locked chest or fix their armor.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Isekai, Comedy

https://subsplease.org/shows/benriya...isekai-ni-iku/

1-2

Another winner, so far. A decidedly not op isekai where the goal and crux of the story is for Saitou to be appreciated for his handyman skills instead of any magic or fighting prowess; the rest of his party handles that. He picks locks, repairs/stiches armor and even helps remember incantations- support done right. It's a pretty feel-good kinda show.

The rest of his party is pretty fun to bounce off of: the bashful scarred lady knight, the gouger fairy, and the senile wizard are plenty amusing and all do their jobs; this feels like a functional unit, and I'm rooting for them. This was a 1-3 page web manga, if I recall correctly, but the format really works well here bouncing from setup to punchline with no rush in between. Recommended for the best dong joke this season, if nothing else.

Watched episode 1 thanks to your positive text, nefligh. I enjoyed, though I have to say I don't like the disjointed small stories. It being based on a 1-3 page web manga explains why that is, though. Will see how long it can keep my attention.

One thing I was disappointed about: That he just gave up when he was lying down in the water hole. Sure, they wanted the dramatic rescue by his party members, but for someone who's all about being a pragmatic handyman, I expected him to try rescue himself. For starters, get out of the ice cold water, stabilize the broken leg, and then crawl forward bit by bit or something.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

He may well have after a few more minutes of lying there, assuming he was in shock.

Strangely enough, the rapid-fire vignettes do a great job at both delivering punch lines and world building. Seeing other adventurer parties and characters is a fun way to mix up the jokes.

I'm dropping this now. The short clips make the episode feel suuuuuuper long in a bad way. This anime would be better if it was 10 minutes per episode like Inu ni Nattara. Frankly, I don't care about anything, which is a bummer, because the hero here is kinda interesting, but with no continuous plot going on, it's just frustrating.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

4-6

While clumsy, the effort to tie all of these unrelated characters together is entertaining and appreciated. Who would have thought Morlock would have a more tragic backstory than 'he's senile'? The way she said her name, it seems suggested that Raelza might be related to him.

Speaking of clumsy, the Ninja's waifu's story wasn't well considered enough to not be jarring as they appear to be killing adventurers to... prevent anyone else from finding a time mage... but they've had plenty to time to do so already? I don't follow it, but the face off is a good vehicle to group the characters together.