Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arknights

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't feel like the Doctor is in such a bad shape. She/He doesn't seem emo to me either.
    He/she seems to be rather normal in my opinion.
    Yeah, realistically the Doctor might be pretty normal, but he/she is supposed to be the MC of an action show, so that normal is not enough. Hiding the face all the time, even when others aren't, and feeling consistently sorry for themselves are emo enough for me.

Episode 4

- - - -

Weren't those Reunion troops, standing on the roof of a buiding in broad daylight, at the very end of the episode? How on Earth won't the Lungmen authorities notice them? The yelling woman was so proud of the Lungmen security forces that surely they must be on high alert and thus keeping a very meticulous eye on things, with drones and lookouts. It's kind of idiotic Reunion would be wearing those goofy uniforms when infiltrating a hostile city. The ep even tried to suggest they came in among the refugees. Are you telling me they were wearing their own uniforms while mixed in, and nobody noticed?

The draconian Lungmen leader indeed seemed to be a tough negotiator. Even having the muscle brain security chief in the room seemed to be a calculated thing. When she immediately shot down the Rhodes suggestions without even really listening to anything, it allowed Wei to renegotiate from a better position, without damaging his own image. As the US presidential campaign candidate vs candidate "discussion" TV shows have proven time after time, when you put a loud, obnoxious brute (like Trump) against a calm, thoughtful person, the calm one is actually easily faring poorly. It's because, as the saying goes, an idiot drags everybody down to their level and beats them with experience. So, Rhodes couldn't really even present their arguments when Ch'en was already screaming at them. Then when Wei silenced Ch'en temporarily, it was he who could offer conditions, leaving Rhodes the only choice of listening. The dude really knew what he was doing. Even if I otherwise find it hard to respect the script of this show, that negotiation, or more like dictation by Wei, was actually really well written.

Episode 5

- - - - -

The action actually really sucks in this show. Maybe it's because all the action should be in the game, so it goes as well as the player can make it go, but here when it's in the anime, it just doesn't work. Half the time it looks like everyone is half-comatose because of too much sedatives. Too often nothing makes sense either. Even if Rhodes isn't exactly a band a mercenaries but... Well, in fact I don't know what they are, but in any case, surely they should have more experience. If the enemy has already found your meeting place, what kind of idiot would just stick around, waiting for more enemies, instead of making themselves scarce? Renunion could have also followed the parkour route, as soon as Rhodes had turned their backs for good.

Above all, nothing Lungmen is doing makes sense, unless they want a huge Renion+infected riot. Why aren't they responding in any way when Reunion is going around in plain sight recruiting troops for itself? Perhaps they do want a riot, to do some good old genociding. They must be pretty damn sure of their prowess despite hearing the plasma monster women, whatever was her name, could be involved.

Below all, the MC still isn't doing shit. Who needs an MC that isn't even trying? It's like he/she isn't even there. Technically he/she isn't quite there, due to the empty head, but some shounen show power should get him/her going.