Thread: Yuusha Party o Tsuihou Sareta Beast Tamer, Saikyoushu no Nekomimi Shoujo to Deau

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Yuusha Party o Tsuihou Sareta Beast Tamer, Saikyoushu no Nekomimi Shoujo to Deau

275896.jpg

"Rein, a beast tamer, is banished from the hero's party, because he can only use animals. He becomes an adventurer and meets a cat girl, who is part of the strongest species.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Romance

1-3

One of the more insipid features this season, Beast Tamer starts with the titular character (Rein Shower, heh) being unceremoniously kicked out of the hero's party because they don't see the value in supporting roles like recon and logistics. If that reminds you of the 'banished from the hero's party' anime from about a year ago, that's because this is super derivative of it. The only thing simpler than the good/bad divide of the characters is the cheesecloth thin plot. This is clearly for young people; and more clearly than most.

The episodes have thus far played out as off-hand MC worship as his (tamer) skills are lauded as impossible to the average joe. This is done mostly by the first girl and biggest fan, Kanade, a cat 'spirit' that behaves suspiciously like a cat girl while providing the basic eye catch for this show in the first place. She's so enthusiastic, you almost forget she's a slave now!

Predictably, the hero party is full of scum bags and is dysfunctional at best without their whipping boy around and are planning to come crawling back, narratively so that they can see how OP the self insert character is, but technically to re-recruit him for a tough job. I may watch to see how that scene/episode plays out, but this is largely forgettable. Don't waste your time.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Shamelessly, I'm going to say that I'm watching this (just like most other trashy shows) because the girls are kinda cute looking and animated. Lots of stills in there with a happy cat-girl in the frame, which makes me kinda happy myself.
    That doesn't mean the fighting or whatever looks good, although even those have their moments for a few frames here and there like when Catgirl got a bit serious against Dragongirl.

Dragon girl reminds me a bit of Eris from Mushoku Tensei

I think the sad thing about this all is that, compared to other generic Isekai or Zero to Hero shows, there is hardly a difference when it comes ot the plot or even the implementation of it all.
    It's almost "normal" if someone considers stuff like Mushoku as an anomaly (and one should).

It's just... faster...with less development and lots of stuff comes right out of no where (for no reason).
    The "taming" itself was one such thing. "Oh btw you should be able to tame me" - "oh okay, guess I'll be doing that then".
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 10-19-2022 at 03:34 PM.