Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury (TV)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The witch broom attachment on Caliban Gundam is a little too on the nose. It's fine that it is a supplemental thruster for the most part, but feels a bit more G Gundam than Ad Stella.

I also would have liked if they stepped away from whatever bullshit they have going on to somehow get through the data storm around and abandoned Permet-powered systems and planned a proper manual space docking in the style of Planetes or the real world Soyuz T-13 mission (or even the one a few days ago).
    (edit: I guess that is what they're actually going to do. Nuclear Thermal Propulsion Ship is the little round barrel they're all sitting in)

The series has gotten really rushed the last few episodes, and it could have benefitted from another half-season or so. They could have spent a few minutes teasing out how Sulleta is able to communicate with Caliban without it killing her. The fencing duel was also very stupid. I get the Char/Amuro & Utena callback again, but there's no reason for Suletta to know how to fence at all. Would have been better served with either a VR battle, or a Build Fighters battle.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 06-20-2023 at 09:29 AM.