Thread: Kaijin Kaihatsubu no Kuroitsu-san

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Kaijin Kaihatsubu no Kuroitsu-san

266937.jpg

"* Based on a comedy fantasy manga by Mizusaki Hiroaki.

Kuroitsu is an assistant researcher in the superhuman research & development department of Agastya, a villainous secret organization that battles with heroes who try to save the world. Kuroitsu lives a busy life in Agastya, caught between the absurd requests of her bosses; making presentations; implementing new features into superhumans; and getting results within the allotted time, budget, and spec requests; all without vacation.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Comedy, Sentai, Sci-Fi

Another show about the grueling march of work. This time set in the R&D at a super villain organization trying to take over the world, foiled by a sentai hero time and time again. This time, though, the losses and expenses are budgeted for, and, aside from the mystery of how taking over the world is profitable, is run like a mid sized company. Kuroitsu is a relatable lead, and just a regular employee, so her relationship to the goal at hand is certainly more of a supporting one. The jokes hit more than not, and I enjoyed the hierarchy of villains all being department heads of different villany sounding things, and of course the sentai hero and main girl tangentially know each other. Could be worth a watch.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Enjoyed first ep, hope I can be entertained again

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

I was lost at the beginning (darn similar hair colors), but the gag of headhunting goons to be bested by a hero was pretty fun all said and done. I was very bemused by the scaling down that the multiple beaurocracies subjected the thunder bird to- from Mecha Phoenix to chicken with a water pistol. The institutionalized incompetence made my day, as did the hero commenting on its poor design just after the whole organization celebrated the collaborative success of its creation.

Also, is it just me, or is the line art on the character faces strangely sharp? Like, 'make plain characters seem cute' sharp. This isn't a great looking show, but there are some suspiciously nice looking shots...