Thread: Combatants Will Be Dispatched!: Sentouin, Hakenshimasu!

Combatants Will Be Dispatched!: Sentouin, Hakenshimasu!

With world domination nearly in their grasp, the Supreme Leaders of the Kisaragi Corporation-an underground criminal group turned evil megacorp-have decided to try their hands at interstellar conquest. A quick dice roll nominates their chief operative, Combat Agent Six, to be the one to explore an alien planet...and the first thing he does when he gets there is change the sacred incantation for a holy ritual to the most embarrassing thing he can think of. But evil deeds are business as usual for Kisaragi operatives, so if Six wants a promotion and a raise, he'll have to work much harder than that. For starters, he'll have to do something about the other group of villains on the planet, who are calling themselves the "Demon Lord's Army" or whatever. After all, this world doesn't need two evil organizations.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=23090

Combatants Will Be Dispatched!: Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! is from the author of KonoSuba and Hataage!, so hopefully it'll be fun even though I don't know much of it. First episode is out.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Yes, and yes. Background checks out. Immediately recognized the tone and scummy characters. Not much to discuss, but I look forward to seeing the more deviant side of the princess, and agent six is my guy.

I feel kinda bad for the Konosuba author. He may never make another work that rivals it, if this an Kemonomichi are indicators. The elements are here- unlikable jerks bouncing off of each other and subverting isekai tropes, but it just isn't clicking like I'd hoped it would. The first episode was enough to get my buy in for the season, but as of now, the series is just spinning its wheels (in a bad way).

I mean, there's some good jokes here- the wheel chair origins, demon hostages, and succubus temptation, but certain elements, like Snow and the royal family I just don't know what they are there for. It feels more than a little disorganized, and the premise alone isn't quite enough to sustain me without more main plot advancement.

12, End

Welp, that show felt like a filler arc in its entirety. Little served the premise, so the character interactions are about all you get, and they worked well enough, but didn't really light me on fire. Not great and not greatly animated, but it'll pass time and pass for anime.