Thread: Upcoming Anime Season Spring 2021

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    86: Eighty Six is highly praised, so hopefully it'll be good. I haven't read it, but I believe shinta does.

https://anichart.net/Spring-2021

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level - should be a nice slice of life isekai if you like that kind of thing.

Eden's Zero - newest series from Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail, Rave Master)

Shakunetsu Kabaddi - sports, so will give it a try.

How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord - never finished the first series. Didn't think much of it at the time, so probably won't get back to it.

Zombie Land Saga - didn't watch the first series, so won't be watching the sequel, is it any good?

Shaman King (2021) - will watch for sure, even if it's just for nostalgic reasons. I believe it'll be more faithful to the manga, since I think halfway through in the original it deviated. Many of the same VAs are returning, hopefully the new ones don't mess it up.

NOMAD: Megalo Box 2 - liked the first one.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! - from Akatsuki Natsume (Konosuba/Hataage!)

Other than those observations, will need to check the rest to see what are they about to decide. Of course, will watch all the usual sequels like My Hero Academia and whichever other is returning.

Edit: Some more that will deserve a look from me...

This ones look to be the better ones:

To Your Eternity: Fumetsu no Anata e

Jouran: THE PRINCESS OF SNOW AND BLOOD

MARS RED

Shadows House

Vivy: Fluorite Eye’s Song

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life!

These others I may give a look anyways:

Tokyo Revengers

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent

Dragon Goes House-Hunting

Cestvs: The Roman Fighter
    Added a few after watching some trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    - Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha
    maybe. I thought it's related to the mobile game at first but I doubt it.
    Will give it a few episodes

All I've read seem to say it's indeed from the game.

I doubt I'll end up watching much more than those continuing from this season, plus "Isekai Maou". "Cestvs: The Roman Fighter" could be interesting, but from what MFauli said, if it's all cheap CGI, it might not work.

I'm reading the manga of "Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou". It's quite interesting, but not necessarily anything stellar or deep. Back at Mangadex, mods needed to keep removing comments when some people couldn't behave like civilised human beings. That was nearly as interesting to observe as the chapters themselves. I might or might not have a look at the anime. It's probably not the kind of story that would bring you back for a reread/rewatch.