Thread: Kemono Jihen: Monster Incidents

Kemono Jihen: Monster Incidents

In a quiet rural village, many domestic animals die unnatural deaths in a strange incident. To resolve the incident, an odd-looking man from Tokyo who goes by the name "Inugami" comes to the town to investigate. In the town, he meets a young boy who has a mysterious air about him called "Dorotabō."

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=23514

Kemono Jihen: Monster Incidents is a new series to me, and it was one I was looking forward to this season. First episode just came out, it has some ideas that should keep me entertained, but so far didn't live up to the expectations I set for it. Not much can be gleaned from the first episode, more of a prologue, so will have to see what the series will actually be about from the next episode and on.

At least it seemed like it'll have some violence which is always a plus for me. But for now, not caring all that much.

Also the detective with the bangs over his right eye, and looks like a complete dumbass when wearing sunglasses over them.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Two episodes in, this is shaping up to be decent paranormal series. If it is supposed to be shounen, I can't really feel the influence aside from the character designs and the (so far) lack of human death... The story beats feel somehow different, even if they have been episodic; can't put my finger on it.

These types of series live and die off of the creativeness of the monsters each week, and animation quality is up to snuff, so I hope to be pleasantly weirded out and surprised regularly. I like the dynamic of a leader figure wrangling these semi-spirits to a greater good without being a pure figurehead, as he is apparently capable of action himself (good tease with the metal skin). Also, tsun boy was cute, all making a frienemy via the power of pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Two episodes in, this is shaping up to be decent paranormal series. If it is supposed to be shounen, I can't really feel the influence aside from the character designs and the (so far) lack of human death... The story beats feel somehow different, even if they have been episodic; can't put my finger on it.

These types of series live and die off of the creativeness of the monsters each week, and animation quality is up to snuff, so I hope to be pleasantly weirded out and surprised regularly. I like the dynamic of a leader figure wrangling these semi-spirits to a greater good without being a pure figurehead, as he is apparently capable of action himself (good tease with the metal skin). Also, tsun boy was cute, all making a frienemy via the power of pizza.
    Currently watching it, overall not a fan of "monster of the week" series... so we'll see how the other aspects of the plot develop. It's entertaining enough so far. Will prefer to see more action in the future, and at least it doesn't seem to have problem with graphic violence which is always a plus for me.

Episode 3 is out, and thought it was more fun. I think I'm getting a hang of what this show is going for, though it's a bit unbalanced. It's giving me a vibe of Noragami a bit if I recall that one correctly.

New characters introduced, finally some chicks in this sausage fest.

Episode three was a good direction for me, as well. We are now seeing that things exist in a delicate balance of sorts, and at least some Kemono's don't see their dependence on humans as a good thing.

I guess this is the first time the fox girl has ever made a slip up, or she's too new to have been given a real challenge, but I like that boss-man immediately intuited the best way to 'handle' her by leveraging her loyalty.

This show really isn't about tactical fights, and that is kind of refreshing in its own way.

ep 5,6

I'm not sure what kind of route this series is taking, but I'm still interested so far. This isn't playing out like a modern shounen battle manga, though the story beats are page-for-page that. The battles are back-seat to the horror elements and slow world building. The pacing makes me sad as we will likely not get much substantial momentum built up before this season ends, but if this is set to be a long running series, I've got high hopes.

Kon's disappointment was adorable.

The latest take on the 'Shou Tucker' story. Delusions of grandeur mixed with negligence made a fair diversion, as Dorotabo is still discovering if he even has a personality, and I'm not sure where the story is supposed to go from here.

Episode 8:

I wish we could see Kabane go all out like this more often, would've been nice to see when he lost his arm animated. Very badass. I very much enjoy this at the moment. The animation and art style is very clean, kinda sad that Kon doesn't have a bigger role. It's listed for 12 episodes from what I can tell, considering the pace it feels like it should be longer, so hopefully there's a 2nd cour planned.