Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Aisha is depressing. Talented enough to perfect score the mage exam, and all she wants to do with her life is housekeeping.

Takes too much after her mother.
    Agreed. I found that super frustrating. There's an entire world full of magical ... magic and she gives it up for a maid-job. Rudy should have told her "if you manage to become a powerful sorceress and still want to work as a maid, it'll be okay." Basically, make sure she at least tried something else first. And Paul paid for the expensive school fees ...

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Aisha is depressing. Talented enough to perfect score the mage exam, and all she wants to do with her life is housekeeping.

Takes too much after her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Agreed. I found that super frustrating. There's an entire world full of magical ... magic and she gives it up for a maid-job. Rudy should have told her "if you manage to become a powerful sorceress and still want to work as a maid, it'll be okay." Basically, make sure she at least tried something else first. And Paul paid for the expensive school fees ...
    I think you both missed the point of that scene. She made a deal that if she aced the exam, she wouldn't have to go to school, because it basically had nothing to teach her. She succeeded and she doesn't have to go.

Talent or no, people are able to choose their profession and specialization. Paul wanted Rudeus to follow in his footsteps, but he didn't, he went down the mage route instead. Eris was supposed to learn magic and basic education to become more civilized and not a misbehaved brat, but she never got good at math or magic, and became far more interested in sword fighting techniques. Zanoba has no talent in earth magic but wants to learn anyway, and then ultimately study the doll mechanisms and notices enough that he can clue the others in to help Nanahoshi make her breakthrough.

Aisha is free to not focus on any specialization and just become a housekeeper.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm not sure that Paul did pay for the school fees. Paul needed a baby sitter and Rudy was around. Rudy was the one who mentioned that as long as you pay, they'll accept. During this episode, it didn't even sound like taking the exam was something the girls even considered.

As for Aisha's lack of drive towards being anything better than a maid, I think she's actually mature and worldly enough to have come to that decision herself. She's not your typical kid. It's like saying that someone has to finish their university degree before being the barber they've always dreamed to be, just because you're good enough to ace the exam.

In a way, Rudy has ensured that she studied and immersed herself into the material enough to get a perfect score. Even then all she wants to do is stay at home, so he didn't just fold and say "oh okay, no school for you" without doing anything. I was actually expecting Sylphie to offer home schooling for Aisha's magic training and was surprised that it didn't come up.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I think you both missed the point of that scene. She made a deal that if she aced the exam, she wouldn't have to go to school, because it basically had nothing to teach her.
    That's a dumb conclusion for them to come to.

Why would everything that a school can teach you be on it's entrance exam? It's an entrance exam, not a testing out for credit exam.

Especially a school like that, where students are actively researching new magics.

She could be inventing the magical cure for cancer, and instead she just wants to mop.

I mean, she can follow her bliss if she want, but it's still a tragic waste of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    As for Aisha's lack of drive towards being anything better than a maid, I think she's actually mature and worldly enough to have come to that decision herself.
    I'm not. I think her mom conditioned her to want this for her whole life. She literally pledged her to the Greyrat's service as a newborn.

I'm not. I think her mom conditioned her to want this for her whole life. She literally pledged her to the Greyrat's service as a newborn.
    Rudeus specifically, by the looks of it. Rudeus saved her and Lilia from the mad royals of Zanoba's home country (with Zanoba himself being pretty crazy). He also always treated her fairly. Before the mass teleportation incident, I reckon she only kept hearing good things about Rudeus, including how it was thanks to Rudeus that Lilia and her could stay at Paul+Zenith's household. It's unfortunate, considering her talents, but this seems to be her personality. She's a genius, so she couldn't be brainwashed so thoroughly if her basic character didn't desire for it at some level. Whether she still desires it 10 years later is a different thing, naturally. She's still young, so she can change her mind and do all kinds of things in her life.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Before the mass teleportation incident, I reckon she only kept hearing good things about Rudeus, including how it was thanks to Rudeus that Lilia and her could stay at Paul+Zenith's household..
    I see you forgot the whole "My brother is a pervert who kept his master's underwear" part xD

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I see you forgot the whole "My brother is a pervert who kept his master's underwear" part xD
    Lilia is also a pervert, who seduced her employer, even at the risk of getting banished. Perhaps I forgot it, but it was okay to forget it. Who knows, Aisha might also turn into a pervert once she has more summers under her belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Who knows, Aisha might also turn into a pervert once she has more summers under her belt.
    She's had nothing but negative role models so far...

I think you both missed the point of that scene. She made a deal that if she aced the exam, she wouldn't have to go to school, because it basically had nothing to teach her. She succeeded and she doesn't have to go.

Talent or no, people are able to choose their profession and specialization. Paul wanted Rudeus to follow in his footsteps, but he didn't, he went down the mage route instead. Eris was supposed to learn magic and basic education to become more civilized and not a misbehaved brat, but she never got good at math or magic, and became far more interested in sword fighting techniques. Zanoba has no talent in earth magic but wants to learn anyway, and then ultimately study the doll mechanisms and notices enough that he can clue the others in to help Nanahoshi make her breakthrough.

Aisha is free to not focus on any specialization and just become a housekeeper.
    "Age is just a number"-vibes.

Aisha is a little child, and no matter upbringing or the world she lives in, that doesn't change AND Rudy knows better.

It's literally dumb. Being a maid is an entry-level, dead-end job. Even worse when it's for your fucking brother. It just feels like she's in deep depression and has no drive and motivation for something else, something better. She doesn't need an understanding brother, she needs therapy.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    "Age is just a number"-vibes.

Aisha is a little child, and no matter upbringing or the world she lives in, that doesn't change AND Rudy knows better.

It's literally dumb. Being a maid is an entry-level, dead-end job. Even worse when it's for your fucking brother. It just feels like she's in deep depression and has no drive and motivation for something else, something better. She doesn't need an understanding brother, she needs therapy.
    Only one making this creepy is you. Not sure where you even decided to make that connection from after rereading my own post.

Norn is obviously the one with separation-anxiety depression, not Aisha. Aisha has an inferiority complex when she's compared to Norn, not depression.

But since you started this angle of discussion, you should stop reinterpreting the setting based on Earth's modern customs; the world clearly operates on medieval or at best Renaissance era customs regarding age. Rudeus was sent off to work as a tutor for Eris at age 7 (season 1, cour 1). A human's 10th birthday is a major cultural milestone (season 1, cour 1). He's never been questioned regarding age when registering as an adventurer on any continent (season 1, cour 2).

They very clearly put children to work at a similar timeline to the medieval/Renaissance eras.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Yesterday at 03:41 PM.

Norn is obviously the one with separation-anxiety depression, not Aisha. Aisha has an inferiority complex when she's compared to Norn, not depression.
    Unlike a genius like Aisha, Norn is just a normal kid. She definitely should have had a normal household to grow up decently. Instead the teleportation disaster took it from her. It also took her mother from her, leaving her only with the dad, who doesn't behave that well with children and who fell for the booze. Once things stabilised, Aisha appeared and immediately beats Norn in everything, apart from being the legitimate child. However, it's actually a worse situation to be considered the legitimate child and then end up significantly less skilled than the illegitimate one at pretty much everything. Aisha even had her mother around, plus her encounter with Rudeus, their big brother, was benevolent, whereas he looked terrifying for Norn. There's only a single thing in which Aisha loses to Norn, yet now that they are at Rudeus's place, even that thing doesn't matter anymore, like Rudeus just stated. So, it's quite funny to say that Aisha would have an inferiority complex. Norn is a walking inferiority complex.

I think that's what makes the two sisters' relationship interesting.

They're both fiercely jealous of each other just like normal sisters get, and it doesn't feel like forced narrative.