Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy33
    There was almost no reason to declare that immeadiatly, Roxy could've stayed in the house for basically any reason. They are now waiting until the child is born anyway, so why not declare it after something "good" happened to dampen the blow.
    In my opinion this was just Rudeus being a little stupid/jumping the gun.
    This I disagree with.

You clear this shit up as soon as you can, and you get on your knees while you do so. Rudy did everything 100% right by sorting out Paul's news first, then bring this up once everyone's cleared out.

Paul fucked it up while Rudy didn't, though the circumstances were different in that it sounded like Paul would have left it as a one night stand had Lilia not become pregnant.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    This I disagree with.

You clear this shit up as soon as you can, and you get on your knees while you do so. Rudy did everything 100% right by sorting out Paul's news first, then bring this up once everyone's cleared out.

Paul fucked it up while Rudy didn't, though the circumstances were different in that it sounded like Paul would have left it as a one night stand had Lilia not become pregnant.
    In front of the kids?
    Hm, I still feel like this could've been something he could discuss with Sylphie alone and then with Aisha and Norn later after they calmed down, although Aisha would most likely have found out herself anyway.
    Let them mourn their father before you bombard them with even more "problems".

Btw, I just realized that Aisha and Norn had visited Zenith's mother, who also seems to have somewhat of a grudge against Lilia being Pauls second wife. I kinda forgot that scene completely.
    Considering its still rather fresh in her mind, I'd wager it happened after the teleport stuff?

Maaaaan, I can't wait for season 3, there is still so much stuff going on in that series and world that I want to know more of.
    The simple fact that this time around Rudeus didn't listen to Human God for the first time makes me wonder what will happen the next time they meet.
    But there are like a thousand different topics.

Eris.
    Greyrat Houses.
    What the teleportation incident actually did try to accomplish and why Rudeus appeared in this world differently than Nanahoshi.
    And there is also world-lore that I'd love to hear more about. like "the six sided world" they live in.
    I actually remember seeing - what are they even called... some kind of apparatus that shows the "solar system" with the "cube/six sided world" at its center - during the first half of season 2.

The Laplace war (and Laplace itself, who seems to be on the move again according to dragon boy)

This show has been so character focused so far, it's really cool that all the topics still remain mysterious and open and it still works as a story plot point because "other stuff is just more imporatnt right now"

Human-God says he didn't reincarnate Rudeus and mentioned that this is kinda the dragon-gods forte.
    So who got Rudeus/MC into this and why isn't he showing up.

Stuff like that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 07-03-2024 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    So after this, instead of waiting a week now, he literally pressed the issue with Roxy about one hour later (that's quite likely at most the time he waited) and said:
    "Oh and btw, this is going to be my 2nd wive, I bedded her after I felt down and she really helped me there"
    (making it sound bland to point to show how absurd the topic/mood switched)

There was almost no reason to declare that immeadiatly, Roxy could've stayed in the house for basically any reason. They are now waiting until the child is born anyway, so why not declare it after something "good" happened to dampen the blow.
    In my opinion this was just Rudeus being a little stupid/jumping the gun.
    In front of the kids?
    Hm, I still feel like this could've been something he could discuss with Sylphie alone and then with Aisha and Norn later after they calmed down, although Aisha would most likely have found out herself anyway.
    Let them mourn their father before you bombard them with even more "problems".
    Norn and Aisha were just the peanut gallery there. Rudeus was talking to Sylphie, asking for her permission. That obviously could not wait. Rudeus brought Roxy with her, with certain implications, which would be far worse if he said nothing for months (he would have been hiding the immoral act for months). Worse for both Sylphie and Roxy. Norn and Aisha didn't really count for much in this concrete issue. It's anyone's guess why they were there. Perhaps because Rudeus didn't think it through? He's no wise old man. It could be he simply thought it would allow him to get them informed as well, without needing to do the declaration for a second time. Somehow Norn then stole the center stage. I doubt Rudeus wanted to make Roxy stand through it, when Norn attacked her like a public prosecutor.

Either way she doesn't seem that devouted to me, considering how fast she dropped this issue (which is probably one of the "main features" of that belief), so it's not like her belief is the reason why she hates the idea.
    She dropped it because Sylphie accepted it. What else could she have done at that point? Her religious beliefs weren't the only reason. Other plausible reasons have been mentioned, such as the suffering Paul's infidelity caused her back in the Millis capital. But do the other reasons matter either when Sylphie accepted it?

Maaaaan, I can't wait for season 3, there is still so much stuff going on in that series and world that I want to know more of.
    The simple fact that this time around Rudeus didn't listen to Human god for the first time makes me wonder what will happen the next time they meet.
    Hitogami carries the title of a god, so I doubt he holds a personal grudge. He just ought to try harder to convince Rudeus the next time. In the end, we don't even know what Hitogami wants. All this stuff could be of zero consequence for him. His real goal might be decades in the future, and it doesn't matter how Rudeus gets there, just that he is there in a shape suitable for Hitogami.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Norn and Aisha were just the peanut gallery there. Rudeus was talking to Sylphie, asking for her permission. That obviously could not wait. Rudeus brought Roxy with her, with certain implications, which would be far worse if he said nothing for months (he would have been hiding the immoral act for months). Worse for both Sylphie and Roxy. Norn and Aisha didn't really count for much in this concrete issue. It's anyone's guess why they were there. Perhaps because Rudeus didn't think it through? He's no wise old man. It could be he simply thought it would allow him to get them informed as well, without needing to do the declaration for a second time. Somehow Norn then stole the center stage. I doubt Rudeus wanted to make Roxy stand through it, when Norn attacked her like a public prosecutor.
    I don't think it's by chance that Lilia left with Zenith but the 2 kids remained instead of helping both their mothers with whatever they are doing right after they "finally got them back".

She dropped it because Sylphie accepted it. What else could she have done at that point? Her religious beliefs weren't
    Nothing, but she could still argue that its an eternal sin and constantly complain about it, which is what she would've done if she is a devout follower that priotises piety over other things.
    Which is what I'm saying, she isn't.

Hitogami carries the title of a god, so I doubt he holds a personal grudge. He just ought to try harder to convince Rudeus the next time. In the end, we don't even know what Hitogami wants. All this stuff could be of zero consequence for him. His real goal might be decades in the future, and it doesn't matter how Rudeus gets there, just that he is there in a shape suitable for Hitogami.
    Yeah, but he is also the reason why Rudeus got the Demon Eye. "Just because" (perhaps he is priming him to take over his body? Considering all the funny features he has, and how powerless he seems to be right now
    And he only shows up when *he* wants "something" it seems?

losely quoted:

Human God: Yo, it's been a year!
    Rudeus: "And here I hoped I had seen the last of you"
    Human God: Well, well my advice last time got you into really hot water. I figured showing up made things a bit awkward (yeaaaaaah... riiiiight... a god getting embarassed about that?)
    He then proceeds to explain to him how he could've used the situation instead - which was his plan
    But in the end he was happy that Rudeus got even further ahead, probably way beyond his own imagination.
    "Only the result matters"

That talk happened when they were trying to find money for Ruijerd to get on that ship.
    And that time, the result probably overlapped with his expectation, will this time be the same?

It seems to me he only shows up as soon as something is about to happen that he doesn't want to happen.

Remember when he stopped Rudeus and suggested not searching for his mother?
    Isn't it weird that he only shows up again when Rudeus was about to reconsider and go anyway (after he received that letter)?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 07-03-2024 at 01:52 PM.