Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
No, you misunderstood something. Hitogami told him he'd regret it IF he went. He went. So now something happened that Rudy wil regret, but apparently we don't know yet what it is.
Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
I think you're forgetting something. Hitogami has an expected outcome for Rudeus and those around him. We don't know what it is. Hitogami has been manipulating him for a long time, including forcing him to manifest in his old body in their discussions. His prediction was an attempt to sway Rudeus into what HE wants, not what Rudeus wants.
I fully believe Hitogami didn't actually foresee Rudeus being able to use the teleportation circles to make the trip. While Hitogami obviously is also a liar, so anything he says can potentially be a simple lie to drive his unknown agenda, in this case even if there was some concrete thing Rudeus would regret or not regret (that is, we are assuming Hitogami wasn't lying), Rudeus might have simply avoided the whole thing by cutting the years long trip to mere months. We have seen previous proof, potentially unless it was just another lie, that as long as the other "gods" are involved, Hitogami isn't anymore quite as wise as he would be otherwise. Those teleportation circles are a secret guarded by Orsted, so Hitogami might have been mostly unaware of their potential use.

I had no problems with the second wife presentation in the episode. The scene went better than I expected. At the end of the day, it was almost funny Sylphie readily acknowledged she knew what she was getting into when she married a Grayrat. It's sure a key to a happy marriage that you can accept certain fundamental things about the other person before you make the decision to marry. The world is full of failed marriages that were based on the wish to reshape the other person after the rings have been exchanged. I'd say the important thing here is that Rudeus did pick a meaningful person, not just some random woman. She pretty much said it in this episode herself, but Roxy is a person Sylphie can very much sympathise with. Furthermore, even if Sylphie had never met Roxy before personally, one might say she almost had since without Roxy, it's possible nothing would have happened between Sylphie and Rudeus back in the village.