Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah. But ... I don't know. What made it feel off for me was that at some point during the scene, it felt as if Rudy "broke" his dad, in a very bad way. Like, as if Rudy had actually done something bad, but found an argument that "sounds" logical and leaves the other person without counter-argument, despite knowing that Rudy's wrong. Which is weird, because indeed Rudy was fully in the right here. Still ... it came off to me as if he mindbroke his dad. If I had to make another comparison: It felt like when in some h-doujin the son overpowers his dad and bangs his mom with his dad knowing about it, but accepting it. Just feels bad ...

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Yeah. But ... I don't know. What made it feel off for me was that at some point during the scene, it felt as if Rudy "broke" his dad, in a very bad way. Like, as if Rudy had actually done something bad, but found an argument that "sounds" logical and leaves the other person without counter-argument, despite knowing that Rudy's wrong. Which is weird, because indeed Rudy was fully in the right here. Still ... it came off to me as if he mindbroke his dad.
    Paul isn't that weak. He might not be the best dad in the universe, this is also his first time and apparently he ran away from home permanently, but he still loves his family. In the end, the little eerie feeling in their interactions is a very good detail in a memory retaining reincarnation isekai. In plenty of isekai all you get is a "Our son is a genius!" line and that's all. That line is also present here, but scenes like in this episode make it better. It's pretty funny that Paul himself being so horny actually makes him more or less ignore Rudy's tendencies, whereas the maid couldn't help but notice them immediately. Yet because Paul is like that, the maid must have just thought like father, like son, even when the son is a small child.