Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Why wouldn't I sidestep her when Sylphie, in whose defense Norn was supposedly speaking, sidestepped her?
    Because it seems you are doing that before it was actually clear that Sylphie was fine with it, the normal train of thought would've been that Sylphie is NOT fine with it (if Sylphie was a real and normal and believable person) wouldn't it? And Norn came to her defense. It turned out to be unnecessary but that's unexpected, even in their world.
    I think it's unfair to say it was about Norn though.
    That's like saying it's about "me" when I help a stranger that gets bullied because my moral compass tells me it's the right thing to do. Or if you want to remove the third party, it's like saying it's about "me" when I help my brother or someone else back on what I consider the "right track".
    That would just mean that selfless acts don't exist.

She felt threatened by Roxy appearing because it doesn't fit her Milis principles (a dear memory of her mom) and because she's not sure what would happen to her own place in the house if another woman appeared there.
    Nah, I don't think that's the case at all.
    At least not if you were arguing towards something simple such as "I'll disappear among them and become unimportant"

The first part, yes, if your morals are getting attacked this might cause a defensive reaction because that's basically a confronation to your believe system. What I actually think happened is however that Rudeus doesn't match with what she considers a "good person" and that is bringing up doubts and fears (about her brother being a good guy)

Rudeus is Paul and Zenith's child. Norn is not Rudeus and Sylphie's child. Isn't that the point I was making from the beginning?
    Yes but what does that mean?
    Why is that important? I don't understand that point.
    Father getting a second wife, that woman means nothing to you - you care about your mother though and how she feels
    Brother getting a second wife, that woman means nothing to you - you care about Sylphie(his wife) though and how she feels.

Don't get me wrong with that example, in both cases it's about the person getting the second wife and what you now think of him, not about the person who got hurt.

In both cases you have no say in it either way, but you are not out of line when you step in and give your thoughts about a family decision.
    Are you closer to your dad than you are to your sister? In what way?

Nobody will take the place of Norn's parents. That's the reality she will need to deal with
    That's wrong though, because Sylphie and Rudeus are for certain taking their place. We are talking about roles, aren't we?
    Not the actual person.
    Your older brother could take the place of your father if he needs to.

Skipping through this season again, I think this is one of my favorites scenes this season

Overall the whole Labyrinth part was pretty awesome, seeing Elinalise wielding her buckler and sword skills. Paul being a pretty cool and strong fighter and overall the whole "party explores a dungeon" dynamic was really well done. I mentioned that the hydra fight was good, but it's actually the whole thing about the dungeon that was very entertaining.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 07-03-2024 at 07:36 AM.