Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
Results 1,101 to 1,111 of 1111

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    On a more serious note: Since everything is TOO happy for a series that's in the middle of its running, one thing I'd LOVE to see happen is Hitogami at some point forcing Rudy to live in his old pre-isekai body again - while still in the isekai! I've felt for a long time that, no matter what psychological harships Rudy goes through, he still enjoys the huge feat of having this new, young, handsome body. That's easily on par with being reborn at all. He might have overcome his psychological problems, but he has surely not overcome the insecurities of his old appearance. As someone who's more like Rudy's old self (worse ...), I'd love to see this anime tackle that side of his old problems, too. How would he react if everything stayed the same, except now he has his own body back? How would the others react? Would Sylphie and Roxy still love him despite being ugly and fat? Would Norn and Aisha still treat him as their brother? What about all his friends? Being handsome is such an enormous advantage on top of magic powers and stuff, seeing how Rudy overcomes his true appearance would be super exciting
    No real change, because:

1) He's still him inside
    2) He's still an outstanding mage.

If he was no longer the outstanding mage, that would be more difficult.

Hitogami shouldn't be able to change his appearance, because despite being a "God" he doesn't seem to manipulate the physical world much. Rudy's soul reincarnated into his current body. This is real. It's just his perception that's warped in the dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    So third wife should be Eris... and she will want to be the first obviously
    Indeed. I think that she'll settle for 3rd since:

1) She is "technically" first, and
    2) She decided to bail because she "wasn't a good match", so that's on her.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Today at 03:49 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    - Impregnating the beast girls when they're in heat would have resulted in Rudeus losing the respect of his sister and probably the trust of his wife.

Ok, NOW we know what the regret is ;>

Fuck Norn, impregnating TWO beast girls would have been worth it, plus Norn would eventually understand how men's minds work. Sylphie gave him the okay long ago, and tbh Sylphie would probably prefer Rudy to casually fuck around rather than bring home a second wife who he loves as much as her.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

He very clearly tried to persuade Rudeus wrong this time.
    Lol, there's literally no way for you to be able to make that conclusion, because we have no idea what would have happened instead had he stayed(other than he would have had another kid, which, in and of itself, is already a pretty massive loss).

But we know the outcome Rudeus chose instead benefitted Rudeus greatly despite the cost.
    Did it? He gained a wife, but lost a hand and a potential child.

What if, at some pivotal point in the future, he's unable to save someone else, because he's missing a hand? It could be something as trivial as Sylphie dying because he's unable to reach out and grab her.

Or maybe beast kid would have ended up saving someone that he couldn't.

We simply don't have enough information. But you're insistence that we do is starting to border on manga-prophet territory.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Fuck Norn, impregnating TWO beast girls would have been worth it, plus Norn would eventually understand how men's minds work.
    But also how Beastman society works.

By having a child with one of the beastmen, he possibly would have earned the loyalty of their entire tribe. Which might have played a pivotal role in events later.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Yesterday at 12:03 PM.

I expect Rudeus to get his hand back at some point. The reactions to his missing appendage were exceptionally mild, if you ask me. Sylphie didn't even comment on it at all, if memory serves. It seemed equal to a soldier in our world coming back from a dangerous mission missing a few teeth. Must have been painful and a testament to the hardships suffered, but a visit to a dentist will see it fixed in such a manner that nobody will notice the difference afterwards.

Rather than it not being a big deal, I just assumed that it was small in the context of Paul dying.

Fwiw I, too, fully expect him to get a hand again. Didn't someone here make the theory that he's get a mechanical hand using the puppet-magic?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Fwiw I, too, fully expect him to get a hand again. Didn't someone here make the theory that he's get a mechanical hand using the puppet-magic?
    Probably. But that doesn't mean something can't happen in the meantime.

Like another portal storm. He's holding someone in one hand, reaches for Sylphie with the other but...no hand. They end up separated again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Probably. But that doesn't mean something can't happen in the meantime.

Like another portal storm. He's holding someone in one hand, reaches for Sylphie with the other but...no hand. They end up separated again.
    "Rudy, if me and Roxy drown in a pool, who will you save?"

xD

(Answer would be use magic)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    "Rudy, if me and Roxy drown in a pool, who will you save?"

xD

(Answer would be use magic)
    "Easy answer: I'd let both of you drown, because I love both of you so much. Then after an adequate period of briefing, I'd look for a new wife!"

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Watched this all in one go.
    I was a bit let down by Ruijerd's appearance.

He's still the best character in the whole show and all that, but when they talked about Eris the whole scene felt really "forced"
    If they somehow made an attempt to suggest that Ruijerd could know more about Eris' intend, like through an experience or information he had in the last years, that would've been fine. Or if they showed him actually "thinking" about it, it would've felt alright.

But it basically went like this:

Rudeus: "Eris disappeared on m-"
    Ruijerd: "YOU MISUNDERSTOOD HER - *cough* hm, excuse me, M-A-Y-B-E you just misunderstood her, maybe not, who can tell!?"

Overall I'd say the last 3-4 episodes were great.
    I was really amazed by the hydra fight and I think that one is easily the best anime fight ever made when it comes to fighting a giant monster class-enemy as a group of people or just fighting one its size in general. Without a doubt, even.
    Paul's death came quick and I love the idea that he didn't get to say any words.
    The small hint at a smile was all it took and all we needed. He was a weird/bad father but it's not like he was evil, he was just incompetent at being a father.

To me this felt like he was, for the first time, able to save Rudy and not the other way around and in the end, he was able to save Zenith without sacrificing anyone but himself (at least none of his friends, who knows with how many random parties they explored the ruins with). I actually felt really bad for him in the end and I still do, in fact, because he clearly loved his children and while he most likely had a more than just "fun" first half of his life, he never got around to see his grandchildren. Hell, not even that, he didn't even get to experience his own son und daughters growing up due to the teleportation incident.

Zenith seems to be somewhere between completely gone and then... not. Since this is Mushoku and I have a bit higher expectatitons for this show than others, I actually believe her grabbing the armor of Paul is intentional and not just pointless pandering among the lines of "Look, even the retard is sad".

Sylphie with long hair looks quite beautiful. (but it kinda also tells you how much of a "boring" role she has to play in this show if that's all I can say about her)

Roxies childish dream (season 1) of being rescued in a labyrinths became true
    "One day, a tall, slim, young man who's manly but still makes childish expressions will save me by chance in the depths of a labyrinth. Then we'll team up, and as we work together, love will bloom between us..."
    That was quite amusing.

I liked Norn's reactions as they were "believable". Her way of thinking was portrayed well and her bawling her eyes out was sad to witness. The "2nd wife" thing became quite intense and that was done/written in a good way aswell. To me at least it was quite believable that Rudeus didn't get Roxy in his harem for some "variety"-reasons, but because he actually loves her just like Sylphie.

Roxy was being bad here, but in my opinion the show didn't even try to hide it... way before she herself admitted it in person.
    You could totally tell that she wanted to bed Rudy with ulterior motives (or for her own sake/hopes), to the point where I thought to myself "girl, you are really out of touch there... your timing sucks"
    When she admitted doing so while *knowing* everything about his pregnant wife it started to make sense.
    So in a way I actually respect this show writing that scene in that way, even if everyone got the "happy ending without consequences" (which tbh, is how I prefer it anyway) in the end.
    But they did at least not shy away from showing Roxy with rather poor morals (love trumps everything after all, especially if FOMO comes along as well)

I need a reminder though, who is japanese girl mentioning again with "I have to ask her/him(?) about this teleport thing again" or something like that? I forgot the exact words, but I feel like it's not the dragon guy.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Today at 05:33 PM.

"not for variety, but because he actually loves the two"

said every guy ever ;P