Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1139

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Nothing, but she could still argue that its an eternal sin and constantly complain about it, which is what she would've done if she is a devout follower that priotises piety over other things.
    Which is what I'm saying, she isn't.
    I don't believe she dropped it for good, just like that. She just stopped arguing against it during that meeting, after seeing Sylphie accept it and Roxy in tears. For example she really tried to take it out on Rudeus during the sword practice, so she definitely isn't finished with punishing him or complaining, if given a chance. That being said, I have no doubt Roxy will win her over soon enough. She's an experience magic tutor, for example, and Norn could use all help she could get in that. Not to mention Roxy wouldn't try to teach her "genius arts" like the Silent Fitts or Rudeus. The traditional way of doing magic probably suits Norn better.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    For one, with just the wives it'd seem a bit like a 2v1 against Sylphie. Norn talking out there does make you happy that someone's on your side - whether you agree with their "harsh" stance or not.
    It was all up to Sylphie to say No or Yes. Having the kids there would have hardly relieved Sylphie from any guilt she might have felt if she had said No. That's what it was all about, ultimately, considering it was Roxy, not just any random woman. She can live with Roxy there to share Rudeus with, but could she have lived with the aftereffects if Roxy had been sent away? It wasn't an emotionally fair decision-making process in that sense. Norn and Aisha didn't really change anything.

Keeping Roxy in the house WITHOUT telling Slyphie what's the deal would have been THE worst way to go about it, LOL.

Once Rudy tells her, she'd have to assume that either he already wanted to marry Roxy, but kept it secret from her yet let her in their house as his secret wife OR that Rudy and Rox fell in love with each other WHILE Roxy was staying there. Not sure which one's worse.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Yeah, I'm not sure why the "Don't tell her till after the baby" plan would require Roxy to stay in the house. There's no reason she couldn't just get a place in the city.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why the "Don't tell her till after the baby" plan would require Roxy to stay in the house. There's no reason she couldn't just get a place in the city.
    There is no "don't tell "HER" till after the X plan."
    That wasn't suggested by me either.

I'm talking about Norn and Aisha not having to hear it right after they got the message of (at least one of) their parents dying.

If you tell me that you'd suggest announcing your wedding 60 minutes after your father died you people are quite nuts, ngl .

So you send Aisha and Norn with Lilia to take care of their mother, you then have a serious talk with Sylphie that is a lot less emotional than with 2 kids around that still mourn their father.
    Sylphie is an adult, can act "more rational", and doesn't mourn Paul like the others do (at least not in intensity)

So after they had the talk, you can declare to the kids that Roxy's gonna stay in the house for *at least* a while or perhaps permanently, make clear that she is a god friend, his tutor and someone you respect and hold dear, just like Sylphie, and that she is part ofthe reason why "I" was able to find "our" mother.
    And develop things from there.

He would even be able to eventually properly explain to the *kids* that he "cheated" on Sylphie after the mellowed out a bit and overcame their mourning period.
    Since you are focusing on that, you will also know what to say to them to make the "blow" (for Norn) not as hard, because you don't have to focus on Sylphie anymore.
    Even better, if she is really on ship with this, she can actually support and help with the convincing.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 07-04-2024 at 05:29 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Keeping it all a secret and also keeping Roxy out of the house makes it seem like some sort of shameful secret, which it shouldn't be if you're going to marry her because you love her. It also gives off a vibe that 1st wife gets preferential treatment/resources etc. If you're to embrace polygamy, this feels wrong.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Trying to postpone it practically at all would be insulting toward both Sylphie and Roxy. Perhaps if they had arranged some kind of formal funeral service for Paul immediately, both the women would have considered it appropriate to wait that much, but beyond that, it would be ridiculous and not in anyone's interests. Which is exactly why Rudeus handled it as soon as he had talked about the events concerning Zenith and Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Keeping it all a secret and also keeping Roxy out of the house makes it seem like some sort of shameful secret, which it shouldn't be if you're going to marry her because you love her. It also gives off a vibe that 1st wife gets preferential treatment/resources etc. If you're to embrace polygamy, this feels wrong.
    It IS a shameful secret in that situation LOL.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court