Thread: So I'm a Spider, So What? - Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

---

SPIDEY-SENSE!

Okay, that's the form from the ED, and it looks rad.

The split mind thing also explains another part of the OP and ED.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 02-12-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

SPIDEY-SENSE!

Okay, that's the form from the ED, and it looks rad.

The split mind thing also explains another part of the OP and ED.
    Looks like there's a Demon Lord that hunts down monsters that get too powerful for her liking or not under her control, this episode seems to foreshadow what will happen as our spider keeps getting stronger.

With that said, is the Demon Lord and Hero related somehow, or can she manipulate events to make use of this Hero (who I assume is supposed to hunt her) to do her biding from the shadows?

Anyways, great to see more powerful characters introduced. At first I thought the Hero was after our spider or maybe after Mother, and honestly was hoping he'd be more powerful.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 02-12-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Anyways, great to see more powerful characters introduced. At first I thought the Hero was after our spider or maybe after Mother, and honestly was hoping he'd be more powerful.
    Didn't he think the white spider's stats must all exceed 2000, yet he wasn't overly concerned about it? He's pretty powerful already. He could have killed Kumoko without breaking a sweat. Kumoko needed to give her all to beat the eel, whose highest stat was just under 900. Of course now Kumoko evolved, but is still far from the white spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Didn't he think the white spider's stats must all exceed 2000, yet he wasn't overly concerned about it? He's pretty powerful already. He could have killed Kumoko without breaking a sweat. Kumoko needed to give her all to beat the eel, whose highest stat was just under 900. Of course now Kumoko evolved, but is still far from the white spider.
    I'll just quote myself from the next post I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Honestly, there's some much visual and text input in this episodes, I'm really ignoring all the skills/stats as they're presented. It was something huge I paid attention as I was reading the LN, but can't be bothered with the anime.
    I'm not saying he isn't powerful though, just that if he had this much trouble against this monster even with a full party, I would've hoped he was even stronger. I mean, usually heroes (sometimes along with party members) are on par or close to it to fight against a Demon Lord... or maybe this spider was THAT strong and that's why the Demon Lord got interest in it to dispatch it.

So maybe that's the context I wasn't considering, maybe this spider was special in its own right and could make even a Hero struggle.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 02-12-2021 at 06:44 PM.