Thread: I'm Standing on 1,000,000 Lives

I'm Standing on 1,000,000 Lives

Third-year junior high school student Yosuke Yotsuya is a reasonable kid but he doesn't have any friends. Suddenly, Yosuke is blown away into another world. Now the guy who avoided fights with his female classmates and loved being alone is supposed to be a hero, somehow.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=23492

Decided to give I'm Standing on 1,000,000 Lives: 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatte Iru a try. First episode was better than I expected, but don't think this feeling will last before it devolves into the usual isekai crap. But, I think I'll be able to watch this without giving it much thought. Don't have much expectation for it regardless, but my first impressions were certainly better than I would've guessed.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Ep2

Agreed, this is a bit more interesting than expected. We'll see if they make any more clever use of the revival exploit and new party members mechanics. Animation quality pretty low, but the premise is enough of a twist to garner interest.

The oddball classes were a cute gag that hopefully will serve a purpose soon enough, and thankfully no harem hi-jinks just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Ep2

Agreed, this is a bit more interesting than expected. We'll see if they make any more clever use of the revival exploit and new party members mechanics. Animation quality pretty low, but the premise is enough of a twist to garner interest.

The oddball classes were a cute gag that hopefully will serve a purpose soon enough, and thankfully no harem hi-jinks just yet.
    Not sure how long the "novelty" will last, but at least the first episodes were more interesting and entertaining than what I was hoping for.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    ep3:

The third episode was a bit surreal, If I'm being honest. I don't know what kind of story is being told, but I'm a bit curious where it is going... the nude pics bullying was ackward in a weird-but-on-purpose way and the flashback to first girl made me question if I was watching the same show due to the tone shift.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    ep3:

The third episode was a bit surreal, If I'm being honest. I don't know what kind of story is being told, but I'm a bit curious where it is going... the nude pics bullying was ackward in a weird-but-on-purpose way and the flashback to first girl made me question if I was watching the same show due to the tone shift.
    Well, I just caught up. Honestly, I can't call this good, but it's also a series I'm looking forward to watching each week.

Hopefully the next fight is epic. Kinda lame on how weak these characters are currently, but it also brings an interesting aspect when they meet these overpowered opponents.

I'm up to episode 9...

...and I'm really liking this series despite it's faults. The ending of episode 8 and how the bad guy was killed in this episode was quite good.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 12-05-2020 at 09:30 AM.

And done with episode 12.

In the end I really enjoyed this, I feel like it's hard to recommend something like this, but at the same time I feel this will be considered an underrated anime. Completely flawed, and many nonsensical aspects to it. But what the heck, it kept me fairly entertained.

Season 2 has already been confirmed for next year.