Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
Since you actually work in the healthcare sector, I'll have to accept your word for it. For someone working in the field, things will always look different compared to an outsider looking at it from a distance.
I should say that this would be a personal opinion, colleagues' may vary.

One thing is certain though, in the Australian public health system wait times are pretty abysmal for non urgent matters as is, ICU beds can be scarce, and it's not uncommon for patients at my hospital who are admitted in Emergency to be waiting hours (if not days) to be moved to the hospital ward (because they're full, so the patient is stuck in Emergency). Someone waited 7hrs to get their ankle sutured up the other day.

Any extra pressure is unwelcome. No doctor would dispute this.

I'm in no position to stop people doing undesirable things, so it ends up going into the "I don't care / it doesn't bother me" basket.

Now, if I was in a position to order mandatory vaccinations for employees of my hospital etc... that'd be a very different question... thankfully I'm not in that position and someone else called the shots.

Anyway, in Australia now some states are opening up to each other, masks aren't mandatory where I live currently (for the general public that is), and international travel is slated to begin around Christmas.