Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
I'm glad the knight at least realized what a non-issue not being able to hang out in the library is.
Perhaps because he's an outsider. The temple folks ought to be more or less hardcoded into thinking the precious books will never leave the library. I wouldn't still call it a non-issue. The temple is the heart of the religion, and religion is all about tradition and following the established forms and norms. It's one of the most difficult organisations to change at all, in any direction, even if it's something seemingly insignificant. All things considered Main is getting an extreme amount of freedom as it is. Of course it's due to being able to exploit her deep pool of mana, but it's still all thanks to the head priest, who has personal interest in Main (what's inside her head).

The knight got quite sagacious lecture from Ferdinand. The head priest is very successfully made to be an intelligent character, which makes me happy. Too many isekai authors aren't capable of that and need to rely on plot convenience to make folks look smart.