Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Honzuki no Gekokujou

Episode 23

- - - -

Wasn't Main an adult in her original world? It's kind of amazing how witless she sometimes (very often) is and how she really can't see her own benefit pretty much ever. She dreams of books and libraries in a world where books are extremely expensive, yet she has zero interest in making money, despite money having already saved her life. Like what the heck was her argument with Benno even supposed to be about? How is she going to spread books around if not by selling them, huh? She needs capital, capital, and more capital.

To really put books on everybody's tables and fill public libraries and bookstores with them, she also needs get her paper making a couple of gears higher. She needs to set her sights on proper water powered paper mills. For that she absolutely needs her own riches because nobody's going to lend an ear to her strange talks. She understands nothing of this, though, surprisingly enough.

Episode 24:

Nice to see the potential of the trombe and why it's such a problem, but I was kinda hoping for a human on human battle, so was letdown on that regard.

That thing is soooooo much paper!

It's funny seeing that thing and then knowing she's been growing those things in the yard...

The high priest will start to accumulate gray hairs due to how much work looking after Main is. He can never count on her not screwing up as soon as she leaves his line of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    That thing is soooooo much paper!

It's funny seeing that thing and then knowing she's been growing those things in the yard...
    Yeah. Not just a few people would probably suffer a heart attack if they heard Main has been basically cultivating them in great numbers, with practically no safety measures in place.

I was getting pretty annoyed at the Head Priest constantly say "Stop acting surprised at stuff!"

If you don't want her to be surprised, fucking tell her what she's going to see beforehand.

The unmitigated gall to be like, "Hey former street urchin, stop gazing in wonder at this MAGIC FLYING ANIMAL RIDE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Yeah. Not just a few people would probably suffer a heart attack if they heard Main has been basically cultivating them in great numbers, with practically no safety measures in place.
    What do you mean? She's GOT kids with hatchets! What could be safer!
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 06-08-2020 at 01:12 PM.

I was getting pretty annoyed at the Head Priest constantly say "Stop acting surprised at stuff!"

If you don't want her to be surprised, fucking tell her what she's going to see beforehand.

The unmitigated gall to be like, "Hey former street urchin, stop gazing in wonder at this MAGIC FLYING ANIMAL RIDE!"

I can never remember which one is the head priest, which one the high priest... Are you sure you remembered it correctly?

I actually disagree with you slightly here. She needs to learn how to remain cool and calm even when something surprising happens, or rather, especially then. If she's forewarned, it's no surprise and she wouldn't have a surprised reaction, at most a delighted one. So, he needs to keep pushing her and then reprimanding her every time, until it sinks in and she gets rid of that reaction.

What do you mean? She's GOT kids with hatchets! What could be safer!
    Absolutely right. My mistake.

I can never remember which one is the head priest, which one the high priest... Are you sure you remembered it correctly?
    Yes. Ferdinand(the good one), is called Head Priest. At least in the Horriblesubs version.

Episode 25:

I can never tell when someone's gonna side with Main or give her shit.

That class system is so frustrating, but the pacing is too slow to expect Main bringing meaningful chance. How far ahead is the manga?

Well they mostly want her to behave more, but she almost fucking died because of that dipshit, it makes more sense to side with her, especially since she's a valuable resource.

Yeah, the class system is the worst. It worked out this time, but only because the highest ranking person present happened to not be an asshole, not because the system works.

I was hoping Main would go berserk...

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Nah, you have to threaten her loved ones for that, not her.

Nah, you have to threaten her loved ones for that, not her.
    He hit her retainer and I'm sure that by now she has plenty of affection for him.

Yes! I was so hoping for some 'KANEEEEDA!' action. Unfortunately, nothing.

And they probably would have called her a monstet then -_-

I imagine the rotten knight actually wanted her to go berserk, giving him ample justification to strike her down. It's hard to say if Main could have brought down the knight first with her raw mana power, devoid of any spells. The knight might posses some defences against such simple attacks. In that sense it's good Main is slowly learning to behave, even if it's frustrating to watch scenes like this. If she ever gets powerful and influential enough, she doesn't anymore need to bow her head, but right now she's neither.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    How far ahead is the manga?
    The manga is quite a bit behind now.
    Last edited by Kraco; Mon, 06-15-2020 at 01:59 PM.

He hit her retainer and I'm sure that by now she has plenty of affection for him.
    I mean, he punched him.

The High Priest was gonna EXECUTE HER PARENTS.

I imagine the rotten knight actually wanted her to go berserk, giving him ample justification to strike her down. It's hard to say if Main could have brought down the knight first with her raw mana power, devoid of any spells. The knight might posses some defences against such simple attacks. In that sense it's good Main is slowly learning to behave, even if it's frustrating to watch scenes like this. If she ever gets powerful and influential enough, she doesn't anymore need to bow her head, but right now she's neither.

The manga is quite a bit behind now.
    I would assume he'd be interested in how the Light Novels are going.

Episode 26 Final

-- - - -

Others are starting to notice Main's latent high mana potential, but she herself has no idea of it or how much it matters, naturally. The head priest now finally also understands the real value of Main's esoteric knowledge, something that Benno realised a long time ago. It's actually a good thing the head priest took this long to realise it because it allowed him to learn the quirks of Main's personality, especially her obsession with books.

I hope the last words mean a third season is a possibility, not that the story continues in the novels.

I hope the last words mean a third season is a possibility, not that the story continues in the novels.

I sure hope so, too! :Y

Hated the adoption talk, though. We already had this and it's sure to create big drama again. Although something will happen to actually make it happen. Since I really doubt they're gonna kill her parents, I'd assume they tell her that it's just a formality and she can still visit her "real" parents.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Yeah, the adoption talk was annoying, but it's also realistic. The nobles wouldn't understand why Main would ever refuse such a chance. It's like a promotion from Earth to Heaven (not in the sense of dying). On the other hand it's also absolutely correct that few other things could protect Main better in a scenario where her power and knowledge start to attract more attention. I have a feeling in that world an established noble could send men to snatch a commoner from the streets, and nobody would or could do anything about it. On the other hand it is also irritating how Main needs to bow so low in front of the worst idiot nobles.

Now that he knows she's a secret adult, Head Priest is totally going to marry her.