Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Chopper has yet to learn any haki as far as I can tell. His post-timeskip has been lackluster.
    True, but it's maybe possible to learn Ryou without learning the others first. As Zoro may have been using it as far back as Alabasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Something bad definitely happened to Sabo, as Dadan and that bar chick were upset about it.
    They could just be upset that he's a murderer.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Sabo is probably real-dead.

957 is just an embarrassingly high effort episode. It is essentially one of those mid-arc recap episodes, but the production really is a notch up from what we've been seeing, even in the Wano arc thus far. Very entertaining, and I love world building anyway, so this makes for a great transition.

"Big News" Morgan also has 'big fists' in those wings...

Are any of the Warlord positions empty as of this occurrence? We have Hawkeye, Boa, Weevil, Buggy, and anyone else? Is this a Navy or Pirate HR blunder?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Sabo is probably real-dead.
    That would be real fucking stupid.

Introduce important character.

Reveal they're already dead.

Reveal they didn't die after all, and are now SUPER important!

Kill them offscreen an arc later.

Are any of the Warlord positions empty as of this occurrence? We have Hawkeye, Boa, Weevil, Buggy, and anyone else?
    Those were the only 4 still active, as Law and Doflamingo hadn't been replaced yet, and Kuma still technically held his position.

---

Holy hell, lore dump!

Dunno if I like 3 of the Emperors being from the same crew. Kinda makes the world feel small.

New D. though!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

Holy hell, lore dump!

Dunno if I like 3 of the Emperors being from the same crew. Kinda makes the world feel small.

New D. though!
    Well, we are currently in the New age of Pirates, ever since Gold Roger made his declaration of One Piece on the execution platform. Maybe there were a lot fewer pirate crews before then. So many other old-timers were linked to Roger's crew, too. Shanks, Buggy, Crocus, Raleigh, Oden...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

That is an interesting note (by Assertn), that piracy as a community exploded in size due to Roger's marketing of the One Piece... meaning an explosion of pirate activity since.

I thought for sure that Shiki the Golden Lion was just a filler character for movie 10. Good to see him made more official (He was also mentioned in Impel down). I hope we get to meet more of the big name pirates...

I wonder why the government did away with the Warlords when they needed all of them just to fight off one Emperor's crew, but now two are allied? I get that Fujitora hates the concept/system, but he doesn't have that much sway nor authority I didn't think.

Also, Garp is apparently strong enough to be a full on fleet admiral? He settled for two ranks below because the dragons are so slimy?

Rocks pirates captain; show me the body or he's probably still alive.

I'll gladly take a few more world building episodes like this until Wano Act 3 starts.

I thought for sure that Shiki the Golden Lion was just a filler character for movie 10.
    10 is one of those movies where Oda came up with the character designs and the general plot. So it makes sense he'd insert him into the lore.

I wonder why the government did away with the Warlords when they needed all of them just to fight off one Emperor's crew, but now two are allied? I get that Fujitora hates the concept/system, but he doesn't have that much sway nor authority I didn't think.
    I mean, they made it pretty clear. The various world rulers voted on it. When two of those stand up in front of the others and are like "Hey, yeah, so...these Warlords basically destroyed two of our countries." it makes sense that you might get enough of the other rulers to go "Whoa, that could be MY country. This system doesn't seem to be working."

And it REALLY doesn't. They've had, like, SEVEN Warlords betray the government in just the last two years. It's ridiculous.

That said, I DO feel like it's a little unfair to the Warlords that actually held up their end. I feel like a better compromise would have been "Okay, we're not going to appoint any NEW Warlords. But the 4 remaining ones can keep their title."
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 01-19-2021 at 03:58 PM.

I'm surprised the WG didn't just order the schichibukai to suicide-mission into Wano and be rid of them that way.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I mean, they made it pretty clear. The various world rulers voted on it. When two of those stand up in front of the others and are like "Hey, yeah, so...these Warlords basically destroyed two of our countries." it makes sense that you might get enough of the other rulers to go "Whoa, that could be MY country. This system doesn't seem to be working."

And it REALLY doesn't. They've had, like, SEVEN Warlords betray the government in just the last two years. It's ridiculous.
    My understanding is that it (the Warlord system) was the creation of the WG. I guess I don't see the world government as being especially receptive to its member's influence. I always looked at it as a big brother type "we offer you protection (the navy), so you do what we say" kind of arrangement of puppet masters more than an actual democratic body. It is apparently ruled over by a shadow council and is involved in all sorts of shady stuff, not the least of which being having a century of history wiped, and an island buster called for trying to recover it. I'm surprised a mere vote could change a system that has been in place to maintain the power balance like that.

My understanding is that it (the Warlord system) was the creation of the WG. I guess I don't see the world government as being especially receptive to its member's influence.
    I...think those rulers ARE the WG. The Marines are just the military. They're specifically NOT in charge(they answer to the Celestial Dragons and the Five Elders). The country leaders are the ones that set policy.

Obviously, the Celestial Dragons have even more authority, but they don't seem to care about actually running things. They just want all their desires met.

While Tenryuubito definitely have overriding power over the kings, as evidenced by Charloss trying to take Shirahoshi, they are generally treated like spoiled babies otherwise, and don't seem to be involved in international decision-making. The kings themselves are portrayed as the primary governing body in regards to the "empty throne" that is meant to represent how no single person governs over them, but of course we know that there is someone in the shadows pulling the strings. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all going according to their plan, too.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Yeah, they supposedly have a lot of faith that the Science Unit is going to pick up the Warlord's slack. But we haven't seen anything from them since the introduction of the Pacifistas. Who are, as of this time at least, no longer a real threat to our main characters, or anyone on their power level.

I totally didn't catch that Sentoru(sp?) and the pacifistas were that science unit. In that case, I suppose their promotion to primary peace keepers is the WG deciding that pirates, in all forms, are an outdated concept that should be put to rest, which is a sentiment the navy has had for quite a while.

I totally didn't catch that Sentoru(sp?) and the pacifistas were that science unit.
    I mean, I'm only assuming that's who Fujitora was referring too. That's the only "Science Unit" we've been introduced to.

961-962

A great flashback so far, as there are/were many blanks to fill in about Wano's past, and how Odin came to be Shogun. I loved the scene where his vassals/samurai finally began to measure up to his own imposing figure. It felt great to see.

Any time Whitebeard is in One Piece, my SMILE fruit activates and I get hype.

Shit's great. I don't recognize two of Oden's subordinates though. Glasses guy and Kiku's older brother.

Shit's great. I don't recognize two of Oden's subordinates though. Glasses guy and Kiku's older brother.
    Glasses guy is the member that Kinemon has given up trying to find in the present day. Kiku's older brother has been shown in the present already, but as a minor character a while back. It'll make sense with more flashbacks.

Puppystorm and Kittyviper are kawaii AF.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Goddamn, Oden is like the most Luffy-ass character ever.

Interesting that Momonosuke's mom is seemingly from the Void Century.

Holy shit, kid Blackbeard looks like Usopp!

Ahaha, I was just thinking that. Oden gives no fucks.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

...the similarities are striking, but I guess the nature of their goals, and base intelligence differ a bit.

Surprising that Monomosuke's mom wasn't a Wano native.

Whitebeard is great to watch. All of that power, and he isn't a megalomaniac. I'm really looking forward to how Blackbeard's story goes, which I hope we get to see.