Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: One Piece

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I'm guessing they took his name (maybe vying for his approval) and he's too eccentric to worry about it.

Also, the infodump in the post credits contained information I don't remember getting.

I knew Ceasar used to work for Vegapunk, but I didn't know Sanji's dad did too.

It's good to have Rob Lucci back again. I really missed him as far as OP villains go. He's just my favorite.

Interesting he's trying to kill VegaPunk. Likely because he has or is nearing the power to oppose that crazy power for a couple eps ago. At some point, we must see him/her recombined into the full genius if these are just weird clones.

I hope Bonnie doesn't have another meltdown when she finds out her dad has also been mass produced.

Is Lucci gonna be the main villain of another arc?

Blackbeard is making a real nuisance of himself lately.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I hope Bonnie doesn't have another meltdown when she finds out her dad has also been mass produced.
    How does she not already know? Those Pacifistas are everywhere these days.

Unless this is actually her father playing (programed) beat cop on Egghead island, she's acting like its the first time she's seen his form since when she knew him as a human. She should have had plenty of chances to grieve at other pacifistas as you say, so I figure she doesn't get around much.

Unless this is actually her father playing (programed) beat cop on Egghead island
    We know it's not the real Kuma, because he doesn't have the paw pads on his hands.

---

Luffy should not have given Kid and Law all 3 Poneglyphs.

Giving them Kaido's? Sure. They helped get it. But they had nothing to do with finding the other 2.

Now Blackbeard is going to shortcut his way to the end.

I skipped the special last week, and somehow the beginning of the fight where Law got 'infected'? Not that hard to catch up, but still jarring. I figured the older, pre impel down characters of Blackbeard's crew would somehow make up for not being flashy by being really strong, but nope. Nothing special about them, it seems.

Aokiji being on Blackbeard's team is surprising and hype.

Was Charlotte captured to lure Big Mom out, assuming she wouldn't lose in Wano? Also, too bad Brulee never got that kind of animation treatment 4 years ago, during the arc she was most relevant in. Looking back, Whole Cake was so fugly...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Also, the infodump in the post credits contained information I don't remember getting.

I knew Ceasar used to work for Vegapunk, but I didn't know Sanji's dad did too.
    I don't watch the show but Yonji explained that Judge used to work for the scientific group Vegapunk ran. This was on Whole Cake Island when he showed Sanji the Germa 66 cloning labs.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    I don't watch the show but Yonji explained that Judge used to work for the scientific group Vegapunk ran. This was on Whole Cake Island when he showed Sanji the Germa 66 cloning labs.
    Yeah, Ceasar, Judge, and Queen all mentioned either an affiliation with each other or with their group, MADS.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I figured the older, pre impel down characters of Blackbeard's crew would somehow make up for not being flashy by being really strong, but nope. Nothing special about them, it seems.
    Burgess's fruit is particularly boring. Super strength in a show where people can already perform ridiculous feats of shounen strength without a fruit.

Aokiji being on Blackbeard's team is surprising and hype.
    It's a bit baffling though. Aokiji was the one Admiral that wasn't a dick. And Blackbeard's team is all dicks.

I wonder if it's a long-con to get a Marine spy into Blackbeard's ranks. Like Drake and Rosinante. Fake the falling out with Akainu at Punk Hazard, then pretend to desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Yeah, Ceasar, Judge, and Queen all mentioned either an affiliation with each other or with their group, MADS.
    Queen too?!

Just every evil scientist in One Piece was part of the same Nazi thinktank?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 02-15-2024 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    It's a bit baffling though. Aokiji was the one Admiral that wasn't a dick. And Blackbeard's team is all dicks.
    I always liked Kizaru and didn't think he had any specific animosity toward pirates. He certainly wasn't as aggressively sweaty as magma admiral during Marineford/war of the best.

---

Well, that explains why all the Pacifistas looked like Kuma. They were clones. And the new Seraphim seem to be hybrids of King and other former Warlords. Jimbei, Boa and Mihawk.

I'm relieved that Vegapunk seems like a nice guy... and just adorable as far as an old man goes. His scene instructing Luffy on the use of the hover boots and recognizing who both of them were were instantly endearing. He's more like a fun gandpa now.

I'm glad for the Oihara flashback as I'd gotten rusty on some of the details by now. Neat that the books were saved so that there could still be a reveal about the kingdom none shall name.

Weird way to "save" the books. Water isn't much better for books than fire.

Well, when choosing between water and fire, that is the better option.

Also, is Vegapunk the first non-evil scientist we've met in OP? I'm so used to his old cohorts being twisted (judge, ceasar, queen) that him not being strikes me as a misdirect.

You can't be friendly and still be the kind of scientist that gives zero fucks about the human cost of your research.

It all comes down to whether things like Kuma-conversion was forced on him by the WG, or if he just did it "for the science!"

---

Aw yeah! That's that GOOD lore shit.

Vegapunk explained. Saul is alive. And the Wrestlemania sign for Elbaf gets pointed to again.

Looks like that won't be the last of the the hard lore we're getting out of Egghead island! I wonder if we're gonna know way too much by the end of this arc?

Please, PLEASE give Lucci an appropriate power up!

---

Story revolves around Robin and Franky...Rob and Kaku are major villains...Buster Call's coming...

What is this, Enies Lobby II?