Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    He denies their bonds, but no reason to ignore a free powerup.

Linlin's adventures in Wano finally begin!

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Linlin's adventures in Wano finally begin!
    If she wasn't so goddamn important I'd say it feels like Cover Story material.

---

Hell yeah! Sanji got his invisibility power after all!

He better NOT redesign that suit though! It looks rad!

Page 1 unexpectedly tough. Was he a headliner?

One of my favorite shounen tropes, the full panel introduction of an enemy force (shogun's ninjas) was, as always, a delight to behold. Hope Robin has been sharpening her tongue better than her espionage skills during the time skip, if she gets a chance to talk her way out.

With Sanji doing the secret identity thing(which I still don't fully get), I hope Sogeking makes an appearance in this arc.

Law being a comic book nerd is great, though how did stealth black end up as a fictional character? Sanji got disowned as a kid. When would there have been anyone touting the #3 battle suit, let alone why would the suit even have existed back then? Did Judge make an invisible suit to represent the son that disappeared? Or did the comic writer make up the #3 character to fill the gap in the lineup, and Judge liked the idea and copied it for Sanji? I mean there's so much to assume to reach a point where the family preemptively went through the hassle to make a custom raid suit for the son they were, just days prior, so ready to sacrifice to Big Mom. I suppose we're not supposed to think about that too much, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    With Sanji doing the secret identity thing(which I still don't fully get), I hope Sogeking makes an appearance in this arc.
    The idea is that X-Drake (and maybe Hawkins?) are on their way, and since they are both members of the worst generation, they would likely know who Sanji is. Truthfully, Luffy, Law, and Zoro have all been identified already, so I'm not sure why it would be a shock for them to find Sanji, but I think they're still banking on the enemy thinking it's some random encounter and not part of an elaborate coup.
    Last edited by Assertn; Mon, 03-23-2020 at 02:19 AM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Or did the comic writer make up the #3 character to fill the gap in the lineup, and Judge liked the idea and copied it for Sanji?
    I think it's this one. They have a team of sentai villains that goes 0, 1, 2, 4. It makes sense that there would be a 3. And that he would be one of the missing colors(either Black or Yellow).

It's just serendipity that they went with the color that's already associated with Sanji, and the power that he always wanted.

The idea is that X-Drake (and maybe Hawkins?) are on their way, and since they are both members of the worst generation, they would likely know who Sanji is.
    I would buy that...if Sanji didn't have a wanted poster. And is in no way disguising his face as the soba cook. Literally ANYONE should be able to see Sanji and know who he is. That's the entire POINT of a wanted poster.

Now, I could buy that maybe this particular guy doesn't pay attention to wanted posters, but anyone in Kaido's organization might, so not having an ACTUAL disguise is...I just don't get it.

At least Usopp wears a fake beard.

And that's ignoring the fact that all of them have their real names IN their fake names! Again, the names that are on their wanted posters!

Now, I could buy that maybe this particular guy doesn't pay attention to wanted posters, but anyone in Kaido's organization might, so not having an ACTUAL disguise is...I just don't get it.

At least Usopp wears a fake beard.

And that's ignoring the fact that all of them have their real names IN their fake names! Again, the names that are on their wanted posters!
    Sanji's hair was feudal-japanified, I guess? They all have slight modifications to their appearance. It's basically the equivalent of Superman wearing glasses.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

It's basically the equivalent of Superman wearing glasses.
    Well...yeah. But pretty much everyone in the world agrees that that's dumb and wouldn't work at all.

If that's Oda's goal then...good job I guess?

---

Well, THAT certainly changes things.

Leave it to Oda to hit ya with that curve ball.

Chopper recognizing Big Mom made me think for a sec to as to whether Chopper was part of the Whole Cake Island arc or the Doflamingo fight arc. Turns out he was at Whole Cake Island and did see Big Mom firsthand. Was he really so inconsequential that whole time?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Top shelf cliffhanger!

I guess Robin was catching up on Shippuden during the whole cake island arc...

So...taking bets. What do you think the odds are Big Mom makes a face turn? Like she befriends the Strawhats while her memory is gone and it sticks even after she gets it's back.

Or does she go right back to being awful when her memory comes back at a climactic moment during the upcoming war?

Has Covid actually caused One Piece to go on hiatus? The next episode doesn't even appear to be on the schedule.

I think so. I heard they basically restarted airing the Wano arc saga until further notice.

well, considering how slow the manga is going lately this is probably for the best
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Consider how shitty the pace has been with the anime for years, it's something they should have done years ago.

Consider how shitty the pace has been with the anime for years, it's something they should have done years ago.
    Manga's been frustrating, too. It's pretty rare to get more than 2 consecutive weeks of chapters before a break.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Manga's been frustrating, too. It's pretty rare to get more than 2 consecutive weeks of chapters before a break.
    Is that a Covid thing? Or has it been going on for awhile?

Is that a Covid thing? Or has it been going on for awhile?
    Oh it's been a thing for a long ass time. But it might be a little worse now.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07