Thread: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It's not "different", it's basically the same in Fairy Tail etc.
    The difference is that Kimetsu goes into much darker territory, so the contrast is huge.

So basically, the swing is so huge that it starts to feel out of place.
    If I remember correctly, during the drum-demon arc, there was one such scene that felt completely out of place.
    They literally saw someone dying a few minutes earlier and started being silly because of something.

In other shows, you'd see the MC getting beaten into a pulp and then all of a sudden help is coming, but that one dude who helps MC is also his rival and starts making fun of him because he is so weak and they start arguing infront of the enemy etc.
    It's not even remotely as dramatic as when you have flesh eating demons lurking around that brutally rip you apart for fun.
    The problem here, besides the annoying characters, it's like they have two different set of teams handling the content. One for the comedic portion, and one for the serious portion, both with their different styles of direction and animation, etc., and then they try to cut and paste it all up altogether.

It just doesn't mesh well for me. Even the scene transitions are different, to say nothing that the MC's VA just sucks balls in comedic scenarios.

Then we go through episode to multiple episode long repetitive dumb jokes. So yeah, this series can do without them.

Zenitsu being an annoying fuck doesn't help matters.

To put it another way, I'm not opposed to a series mixing seriousness and comedic potions together. I have a big problem on how this particular show is doing it. I find it bland and annoying more than "funny". It's barely amusing, and far in between at that.
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 09-18-2019 at 07:13 PM.