Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

The hero is clearly not the leader of the hero party, perfectly openly. What a weird situation. Maybe he should seriously consider accepting the leadership role because his party members, that are now in control, are overly aggressive provocateurs. It makes no sense for the hero party to actively seek trouble where there was none before they appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Isn't Yuuki the guy that was secretly behind Clayman? Or was that someone else?
    Yes. The clown troupe. Or something like that. If I'm not recalling it entirely wrong, Rimuru even suspected Yuuki being involved somehow. Rimuru's a bloody good actor, though, not to let any of it show now that he went to meet Yuuki. Maybe he offered access to the ruins to be able to keep an eye on Yuuki's people. Too bad it also works the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The hero is clearly not the leader of the hero party, perfectly openly. What a weird situation. Maybe he should seriously consider accepting the leadership role because his party members, that are now in control, are overly aggressive provocateurs.
    Unfortunately he doesn't "need" to do anything. Because no matter what he does, it just works out apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Maybe he offered access to the ruins to be able to keep an eye on Yuuki's people. Too bad it also works the other way.
    Rimuru doesn't really hide anything though. So it's not like they'll be getting information that's no easily observable anyway.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    E67

-----------------

Ah, the sly girl made it into the nation and knows what Wasabi is. I didn't think they was any hint of her being otherworldly until this episode.

It's always fun watching good food.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'm not the greatest fan of wasabi, so I won't hold that against Hinata. But then again, I'd have also been one of those people who don't want to eat raw fish.

I found the detail of Thalion's Guardian Dragon King appearing both amusing and interesting considering Tempest City is Veldora's home. Could be a stressful trip for the guardian dragon.

Episode 68

- - -- - -- -

Even if that continent has done so in the past, it's not like a whole bunch of countries relying on the same currency would be some kind of standard. Even more so when it's not, in fact, the whole continent. It's just the human countries and a couple of others that did so. I'd guess because the dwarven kingdom was able to produce a lot of gold consistently, the other nations found the dwarven coins convenient. That's all. In the end, though, currency is nothing but a tool. Considering the level of civilisation, financial, and technological development in that world, the currencies are based on something solid, like gold, which is why Rimuru mentioned paying in raw gold. It's not fiat currency, so worrying about Tempest not having enough trust in the financial world is pointless, unless Rimuru tries to pay using paper money, for example, and nobody would actually know if Tempest had enough gold (or something else) to back it up.

So, yeah, it's a petty plot. Perhaps one point is trying to make it look like Rimuru is stepping on Dwargo's toes by "refusing" to use the dwarven money. Too bad Dwargo is actually Rimuru's buddy and one of the first leaders who acknowledged Tempest. Even if those shady merchants try to make a big deal out of this, other merchants will just care about their own profit. As long as everything's going smoothly for them, they should be happy. Every single one of them knows they just entered a totally alien country. They would be expecting some differences, such as needing to deal with a currency they aren't necessarily used to. They wouldn't be experienced merchants otherwise.

A total null case, which is why Rimuru is correct in choosing to ignore it and go booze with his friends.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Rimuru can also ask Dwargon to produce a large batch of coins for lending. And I'm pretty sure they have reserves, resolve the petty matter and pay back later.
    Or Rimuru can also show Dwargon of the US FED just creates money and fools everyone around... until someday bonds come back for a bite.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Yes. A reasonable merchant would be fine accepting substitutions.

The whole point though is that these aren't reasonable merchants. They're plants intentionally trying to destabilize trust in Tempest. So they'll be contractual buttholes about what currency they're willing to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Or Rimuru can also show Dwargon of the US FED just creates money and fools everyone around... until someday bonds come back for a bite.
    I mean, they could literally just feed Rimuru a ton of raw gold and one Dwarf coin and he could produce as many as he needed.

He'd need the approval from Dwargon with a precise and negotiated plan to properly account for the amount of coins created.
    Otherwise, end of mutual trust...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

He'd need the approval from Dwargon with a precise and negotiated plan to properly account for the amount of coins created.
    Otherwise, end of mutual trust...
    Or he just...doesn't tell them. Send him a gift basket of jewels if he feels the need to make up for it.

Well, the world building we currently have is centered around trust, help, commerce, arts.
    I know some prominent countries in other universes could care less, but I want to think Rimuru wouldn't be that dumb and evil. Depends on the author I guess...

but I want to think Rimuru wouldn't be that dumb and evil.
    "I paid the merchants in real gold and then compensated the Dwarfs for the coins I minted."

SO evil...

Even Ainz Ooal Gown would be disgusted by his depravity.

I guess trust is not an issue?

I guess trust is not an issue?
    Not to the extent that I'd call it "evil".

"I know I promised to stay out of your yard. But a bear was chasing me and I had to. Here's $20 to make up for it. Sorry for being so evil."