Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Episode 72

- - - - -

I can't believe the author named it a "co-prosperity sphere". I wonder if it's because the Japanese schools teach nothing about their nation's imperialistic past or maybe it's just the kind of lowbrow nationalism LN/manga/anime is full of, to make the Japanese audience happier.

Anyway, it's good Rimuru is all the more certain Yuuki is an enemy. They are even drawing the adventurers' guild closer to be able to monitor it better and to create a lot of positive attitude toward Jura-Tempest within the adventurers' guild. That will make it harder for Yuuki to actually use the adventurers against Rimuru and the Jura-Tempest at large.

The merchants and dwarven gold scene was as weird as expected. "We are real merchants, we only trust the recognised currency of dwarven coins!". Then why the heck are you in Jura-Tempest, where that's not the official currency, huh? It's a pity that otherwise decent scheme was made somewhat hilarious by that nonsense detail. I wonder if the author tried to come up with a better solution but then simply gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I can't believe the author named it a "co-prosperity sphere".
    Lol! Right?!

I heard that and was like "Whoa. That's a loaded term."

I mean, on paper it sounds good. But Japan's history with executing the idea has been deeply problomatic.