Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Right, but normal people can't just make themselves cabinet/board members by killing a bunch of people and performing a ritual.

It's an organization for Demon Lords. And Rimuru is a Demon Lord. Claymen's whole argument for why they should kill Rimuru is because he's a "fake" Demon Lord.
    Clayman's whole argument was nonsense, though. He was the weak guy, who knew he's weak and thus tried to turn all the other older members against a strong newcomer, to maintain his own position (and pride). He had originally tried to use Rimuru as nothing but a tool for his own awakening, so it must have been quite a shock to have Rimuru appear in the demon lord organisation meeting as a true competitor.

Clayman also had another fatal flaw his own, personal weakness had brought about: He thought the demon lord association could be used as a tool for his own purposes as well, which is what this whole meeting was all about. He believed he could use the other demon lords to get rid of Rimuru. However, the other demon lords have no interest to do any such thing. If you are a demon lord, you sort out your own problems.

The only question mark is why didn't Clayman order Milim to attack Jura Tempest. It might be explained by his own history as a puppet master/manipulator. A direct attack in his mind is a lesser method than manipulating others to do his dirty work. On the other hand, his whole argument in the meeting was about Carion planning to attack him (in cooperation with Rimuru), so perhaps he thought if he appeared too aggressive himself, it would lessen his position. Another sign of his personal weakness and fear.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Or he was trying his luck to check the limits of his manipulative wits and powers.
    If the demon lords decided to kill Rimuru, he would have been a superior strategist and a power to fear.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Clayman's whole argument was nonsense, though. He was the weak guy, who knew he's weak and thus tried to turn all the other older members against a strong newcomer, to maintain his own position (and pride). He had originally tried to use Rimuru as nothing but a tool for his own awakening, so it must have been quite a shock to have Rimuru appear in the demon lord organisation meeting as a true competitor.
    I honestly think he thought Rimuru was weaker than him. Remember, he thought Veldora killed those armies, not Rimuru. I don't think he believed Rimuru was an awakened Demon Lord. Just a slime with a Demon Lord seed.

I honestly think he thought Rimuru was weaker than him. Remember, he thought Veldora killed those armies, not Rimuru. I don't think he believed Rimuru was an awakened Demon Lord. Just a slime with a Demon Lord seed.
    Right, they aggressively spread the rumor that Veldora escaped his seal, or that Rimuru had it broken it to protect himself. Milim is evenly matched with the great storm dragon, so Clayman would have risked losing his greatest pawn.

Episode 48

- -- -

There you pretty much have it: There are demon lords and Demon Lords. They are talking about two different but overlapping things, all mixed up together. 1) demon lords are monsters (of any sort) that are powerful and dangerous from the human nations' pov, possess a country/domain of their own, and may awaken to be an even bigger threat. 2) Demon Lords, however, are the members of Guy's ancient group of demon lords. To be a member, or to lose membership, pretty much only requires a word from Guy.

It's pretty funny that the fake demon lord Valentine would have likely lived if he didn't have such a big mouth. If he hadn't talked about Clayman's death and had instead just fought Laplace, I reckon Laplace would have simply fled. The clowns are quite fond of keeping their true combat power hidden.

Why in god's name would you become Milim's subordinate.

At least become Rimuru's. He saved all your people Carrion.

So those clown guys are no joke apparently.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 09-24-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm going to go with "She's a good girl, strong too, but she does some dumb shit. She needs better people to rein her in."

From a plot point of view, it keeps the power structure clearer, and makes it more convenient to explain why Frey/Carrion/Milim are all hanging around in the same vicinity if the author wanted to keep them interacting.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Why in god's name would you become Milim's subordinate.

At least become Rimuru's. He saved all your people Carrior.
    Nah, I think they chose wisely. Milim is an ancient demon lord everybody knows, which grants extra protection by infamy alone. Frey, especially, is one of Milim's few old friends. They get along jolly good. It seemed like Carrion was surprisingly comfortable with Milim as well (possibly more than with Rimuru, who is strange as a demon lord, loving humans and all that). More importantly, perhaps, Milim doesn't really have that many close underlings. I'm not so sure even the bald priest is close to Milim. So, Frey and Carrion can be Milim's direct vassals #1 and #2, instead of being Rimuru's subordinates... #24 and #25. The third factor is that due to Milim not having that much going on governance wise, nor any interest in it, Frey and Carrion ought to remain pretty independent, able to do whatever they want, within reason, yet still be protected by Milim. Under Rimuru, they would need to do things like Rimuru does things.

So does this mean Milim, Carrion and Frey's territories are all one kingdom now?

Also, is Rimuru taking Clayman's territory?

Jura Tempest isn't next to Clayman's former territory, though. I don't recall exactly if it was Milim or Frey's territory that was next to it. If Milim+Carrion+Frey are now technically one country, even if it's divided in provinces (who knows), maybe they will claim Clayman's land. Or maybe I'm remembering the map totally wrong, haha. I'm pretty sure Carrion was right next to Jura Tempest, and not next to Clayman's land, so Clayman needed to march through Milim's domain, at least, to get there. That's when they looted all of the dragon worshippers' vegetable stockpiles.

I don't think Rimuru wants more land anyway. Jura Tempest is pretty big as it is. His troops already took all the treasures from Clayman's coffers anyway, I believe.

Jura Tempest isn't next to Clayman's former territory, though.
    According to the world map it is directly next to it.

In fact, literally every demon lord's territory borders Rimuru's.

I should have rechecked the map... I remembered it totally wrong.

More importantly, perhaps, Milim doesn't really have that many close underlings. I'm not so sure even the bald priest is close to Milim.
    If he was, he'd know that Milim is very tired of only being fed vegetables for millennia. She would not have been so easily swayed by Rimuru if not for that. It's also why she leaves so frequently to play with others.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Its nice that, while on the whole unpleasant, even Clayman had friends to mourn his passing. That non-tempest characters can die make their encounters more interesting (and less drawn out) to watch.

Demon lords give up on their status a bit too easily. Assuming there are any benefits to being a Maou, and the actual punishment (for being relatively weak) would be losing a fight to another demon lord when they don't appear to fight very often anyway, it seems like a waste to throw it away on what seems like a whim. But more friends for Millim is nice, too.

Yeah, while I usually hate the clown perverts, I did actually feel bad for Laplace at the end there.

Now that we know they have some level of pride (not giving away their shitbag of a client) even as twisted as Clayman became, and also that they did care for each other as much as any other group in the series does for their internal members, I did end up with a changed opinion of the Clown Alliance.

Kagurazaka Yuuki forcibly reincarnated Kazaream early in order to use them as his specific agents and manipulate a lot of the current continental strife.

I told y'all this meeting would take all season.

Movie's out and subbed.

Was out weeks ago ?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

*shrug* Nobody mentioned it. It just showed up on SubsPlease yesterday.

It's true that some subs are way too fast for quality... but for slime it was enough