Thread: New computer HP Omen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now is the worst time ever to build a whole new computer. The miners have made video cards extremely expensive, assuming you can even find one, and the memory shortage has become so chronic RAM costs even 2.5 times more than a couple of years ago. The CPU situation of course is splendid with AMD back in competition, but it's a slim comfort with other things costing an arm and a leg.

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Now is the worst time ever to build a whole new computer. The miners have made video cards extremely expensive, assuming you can even find one, and the memory shortage has become so chronic RAM costs even 2.5 times more than a couple of years ago. The CPU situation of course is splendid with AMD back in competition, but it's a slim comfort with other things costing an arm and a leg.
    I noticed. I plan to buy 16GB more of RAM this week and that is going to cost $220 to $290 depending on brand I think. I may order online if I can find a good deal for DDR4 2400mhz dual channel.

That is why when I tried to build my own the cost would never go below $3000 USD.

I'll be happy if HP gets in to the gaming desktop market. At the cost of most parts now... going with a prebuild from HP or another major manufacturer might be the way of the future now unless you're rich, or in the cryptocurrency mining. Since I lack both, prebuilts will be for me.