Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boruto Episode 1-Current

Boruto Episode 1-Current

---

Disappointed that this didn't start out with chapter 700 of the Naruto manga. It's Naruto's real finale, and we might not ever get to see it in animated form...

Anyway, I don't recognize these scenes from any of the various manga stories set in the Boruto time period. Other than the very opening scene. So...this is functionally filler.

Why is paperwork a problem for Naruto? Couldn't he just, like, make 100 clones and do it all super fast?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 04-05-2017 at 10:41 AM.

---

Oh man, I didn't even recognize Shino. And they ruined Anko...

---

Hmm, Metal is also good at throwing shuriken...I wonder if that's implying that TenTen is his mom.

---

These other classmates(nerd kid, tough older kid, shy girl) are actually getting a moderate amount of screen time. I wonder if they're all going to die horribly since they aren't really around in things that take place later than this.

Or maybe they'll just put the 3 of them on a team and shuffle them to the background.

---

Did they seriously let Orochimaru rebuild the Hidden Sound?

I know he helped out at the end of the last war and all, but he's still basically Hitler!

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I guess the school destruction is to become a recurring gag ?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Hey! I'm not the only one watching this!

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Non you're not. I'm still pondering wether I can find something for me in that show.
    Cameos, powers we know in those youngsters, the similarities and differences with their parents, I'm not sure that's enough.
    Their easygoing way of life is to change from what we've seen in ep one and with the remainder that peace is still young and fragile, but I wish the pace was faster.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I feel like this entire arc is unnecessary. There's no reason they couldn't have just started where the manga did.

Naruto started with them graduating the academy, not joining it. And already Boruto, and in fact pretty much everyone in the cast, knows 10x more stuff than the kids did at the start of the last series.

nyaa.se isn't loading for me, anyone else?

edit: damn

https://pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

http://horriblesubs.info/2017/05/lat...-availability/
    Last edited by redcat; Thu, 05-04-2017 at 05:15 PM.

That stinks, it was such a good site.

Anyone got a good substitute?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 05-05-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Boruto learning summoning jutsu in 20 minutes while being years younger than Naruto (who took weeks or months to learn it while training under a legendary sanning) ruined this series for me. They're just milking it at this point.

He didn't REALLY learn the summoning Jutsu though. That thing he summoned was clearly not a normal summon animal and seems to be tied to the arc villain in some way.

---

Hey, this is finally starting to get interesting.

Boruto has definitely got SOME kind of Dojutsu. And it's probably related to him being a Hyuga, but it's clearly different from the actual Byakugan.

We know that Sharingan+Senju DNA = Rinnegan. I wonder if Byakugan+Ukzumaki(related to the Senji) DNA = some entirely new eye ability.

That said, I'm pretty sure that this arc is tied directly to the "The Last: Naruto the Movie", as the guy in Boruto's dream looks like Toneri Otsutsuki, and Boruto's eye is a blueish white, like the Tenseigan from that movie, only Boruto's also turns his sclera black.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 05-24-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Jounin
    Episode 9

They are clearly milking this. They could have advanced the story in a decent way here. Episode 9 was clearly filler for milk. in 22 minutes there was maybe 90 seconds of advancement in the story.

Hanabi is uncomfortably flirtatious with her nephew...

---

Man, how did I know the Sound kid was grown in a vat. Seriously, why is Orochimaru free again?

So Konohamaru and Moegi are teachers/squad leaders, what happened to Udon?

I don't understand why Naruto had to leave. He already HAD a clone on site, why not just use the clone?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 06-21-2017 at 12:06 PM.

---

I like how Boruto's other classmates are gradually getting more defined as the series progresses.

They started off as just a bunch of faceless nobodies, but the slowly started getting specific appearances and abilities. And not just the ones Boruto interacts with.

Like the two generic girls that hang out with the other girls became less generic all of a sudden in the boys vs. girls episode. And then suddenly in this episode, there's a kid with a face tattoo and a goth girl with a doll that we've never seen before that were supposedly there all along.

I kinda like that vocal version of that recurring theme they played during the test in this episode too.

---

And finally, we get to see the moment that the entire series was building towards...Naruto becoming Hokage!

In a spinoff series...in a filler episode...and he didn't show up for it.

---

If anyone actually cares, this is the first episode of this series that isn't actually filler. It's the start of one of the manga sidestories.

I like how the Mangekyo Sharingan, which was a super forbidden secret as recently as a decade ago, is now just in public library books...
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 08-09-2017 at 02:25 PM.