Thread: Manga: Noragami

Manga: Noragami

An urban supernatural fantasy action manga.

from mangafox:
    Yato is a minor god whose dream is to have a lot of followers worshipping him and praying to him. Unfortunately, his dream is far from coming true since he doesn't even have a single shrine dedicated to him. To make things worse, the only partner he had to help him solve people's problems, had just quit the job. His godly existence and luck just might change when he stumbles upon Iki Hiyori and saves her life; a feat which also leaves her in quite a predicament so she is stuck with him until her problem gets resolved. Together with Hiyori and his new partner-weapon Yukine, Yato will do everything he can to gain fame, recognition and just maybe, one shrine dedicated to him, as well.
    the story revolves around a girl (hiyori) who nearly dies in the first chapter, and thus gains the power to interact with the spirit world. the spirit world is inhabited by gods, their living weapons (shinki), and evil spirits (ayakashi) who cause disasters. hiyori starts hanging out with a lowly god named Yato, who is doing odd jobs and trying to get a name for himself as a god that people pray to. they later meet yukine, who has recently died and was 'revived' as Yato's weapon. the story then goes on to deal with other gods, the relationship between the gods, an emergence of a new type of ayakshi who seem to be controlled by someone, but mostly focuses on the relations between the gods and their spirit weapons, who have a connection to one another and if the weapon is acting bad, the god suffers.

it's a monthly series, chapters are around 50 pages each, the big plot arc starts early on.

i think it's good, really got into the story at the 3rd chapter, the arcs are mostly connected to one another,

72 chapters so far.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/noragami/

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Did you watch the anime ?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

nope, I hardly watch anime these days..
    one series a year, at most..