Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Berserk: OLD OBSOLETE THREAD

Elmdorz

Berserk: OLD OBSOLETE THREAD

Okay i finally saw dvd 6 of berserk.... All i can say is... what the ..... happened? I mean the ending was so shocking and dissapointing i dont know what to say... Is there anymore episodes beyond this point?

its an insult to misspell "berserk"
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 01-10-2007 at 01:59 AM.

no not as of yet, and maybe never. The manga however is roughly 3 times as long and is still going strong. How will it end, who know but that will still take several more years, for even the manga to get close to finishing so dont count on watching the ending in anime anytime soon.

The anime covers basically volume 4-14, the manga is currently on volume 27.

Yeah... I remembered that I found the ending completely shocking and unsatisfying. Does anyone know where I can find the manga? Online? Licensed? Anywhere?

Ya, Dark Horse licensed it (at least the first 3 volumes). First one came out in October, the next is out early next year... good stuff...

Berserk could have easily been a contendor for my favorite, but yah the ending totally runed it, and I also hated how it suddenly changed outta no where, one second its medevil kickass fighting, the next its some stupid sick sci fi shit, but the last 5 eps just totally ruined the whole series for me, i wouldnt even be interested in reading the manga

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joker-kun @ Dec 9 2003, 04:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> one second its medevil kickass fighting, the next its some stupid sick sci fi shit </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    joker-kun, there is absolutely no Sci-fi in Berserk and there never will be.

It is pure fantasy and always has been. In episode 1 there are ghosts and demons, that should&#39;ve been a tip off.

i dont mean sci fi like that, well i guess thats the only meaning of sci fi , but lets put it this way not including the first ep the show massively changed, and i personally liked it the way it was and in my opinion it ruined the show, but what ruined it more was the ending

In response to Xeo&#39;s question: you can find vol. 4 - 25 of the manga here. It&#39;s a pretty big download though 1.37 gigs. *whispers* And if you want volumes 1 - 3 goto The Manga Database

Yea, I was like WTF when I saw the ending to Berserk. But since I remembered the begining I was like &quot;ah, so that&#39;s how he lost his arm.&quot; And &quot;ah, so that&#39;s why he was so pissed at that snake monster.&quot; I too thought it was the end until I found out that it&#39;s not really &quot;the end&quot;, just the end of that season of anime. Once I downloaded the manga I couldn&#39;t stop reading it. Damn, it&#39;s too sweet. I&#39;m currently waiting the Hawks to release vol. 26 just in time for Christmas

Im quite aware that the end wasnt really the end, but i liked berserk the way it was, it was to much of a change for me, so i dont even wanna read the manga

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Im quite aware that the end wasnt really the end, but i liked berserk the way it was, it was to much of a change for me, so i dont even wanna read the manga* </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

i dont want to contradict or anything, but trust me on this one, my friend. berserk only gets better from where the anime left off. despite the way the anime ended, you would be surprised at how good it is.

OFF TOPIC: i have the berserk game for dreamcast, and i was just wondering where in the timeline of berserk it takes place. anyways all of you dreamcast owners out there (the few, the proud) i recommend going to suprnova and getting this game. BEWARE, THE GAME TAKES PLACE <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>AFTER</span> THE ANIME&#33; if you dont want it to spoil anything or leave you plain out dumbfounded and confused, make sure you read the manga first Sure you may bash it for being in english and for the way they pronounce certain things but hey, the game KICKS ASS&#33;

P.S. i heard there was going to be a second season/continuation of berserk. is this true? if so, i wonder how they will do it, volume 18 would be troublesome wouldnt it?

www.skullknight.net for translated chapters, NOT SCANSLATIONS just pure text translations. We&#39;re far past the stuff you guys have seen.

There are no plans for a second season, although there is alot of support for one, and alot of people want it... its still just a rumor everyone passes around. There are no current plans for a second season.

Beserk keeps getting better and better, you must read it.

hiddenOne
    theres no seeds for the 4-25 file =(

im guessing that all of u have seen the alst eps alrady so here it goes do u all agre with me that griffith was a bastard for wut he did to caska right in front of gats i mean man that was so fukin gay and so was the ending it so elft our asses hanging there wondering WTF has happend since then

well, i agree its not compared to berserk, but most people i have talked to, think dbz is the best, cause its the most popular. and yes i am dieing to read the manga, i just haven&#39;t found any places near that carry it, i have had a hard time finding it online. i have read some but not a lot.

and as for the point of this, name some other mangas that compare...or that you think are better.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SubWRX @ Jan 3 2004, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well, i agree its not compared to berserk, but most people i have talked to, think dbz is the best, cause its the most popular. and yes i am dieing to read the manga, i just haven&#39;t found any places near that carry it, i have had a hard time finding it online. i have read some but not a lot.

and as for the point of this, name some other mangas that compare...or that you think are better. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Akira Toriyama is he from china or japan? he&#39;s the one who made Dragon Ball

Brserk anime, is the absolute worst and biggest disappointment ever know to man, I say this because it pisses me off, that u r forced to read the manga, after suspecting a very enjoyable anime. Shame on those assholes in Japan. atleast for me it was only a fansub, I watched, if I was Japanese I would be on a killing rampage

well, you can think about it the other way around, that the Berserk Manga is just the best thing ever created.

that was the case for me, I watched the rocking anime first, and it just makes reading the manga so much better&#33;

if the people you talk to think DBZ is the best, you should really find new, non sucky, friends ( ) even my friends have other favorites (Kenshin, they&#39;re really hyped on it cuz they got the jinchuu arc now)...

oh, and there are a few animes that can compare to berserk anime:

Trigun, Wolf&#39;s Rain, FLCL, Kare Kano...

but no manga can come close to Berserk&#33;

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

But you gotta admit, watching anime is much more fun then reading manga...
    You can go down the store and buy donald duck or read a japanese book then... but anime is something special, i just read manga because i want to know what&#39;s going to happend...

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Jan 3 2004, 03:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well, you can think about it the other way around, that the Berserk Manga is just the best thing ever created.

that was the case for me, I watched the rocking anime first, and it just makes reading the manga so much better&#33;

if the people you talk to think DBZ is the best, you should really find new, non sucky, friends ( ) even my friends have other favorites (Kenshin, they&#39;re really hyped on it cuz they got the jinchuu arc now)...

oh, and there are a few animes that can compare to berserk anime:

Trigun, Wolf&#39;s Rain, FLCL, Kare Kano...

but no manga can come close to Berserk&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Whether or not berserk or any other manga is good or as u say &quot;the best ever created&quot; is completly opinion. just as whether anime or manga is better is also opinion.

as for finding new friends based on the fact that they like DBZ, that is the most immature and retarded thing, I may have ever heard in my life. If u base friends on what kind of anime they watch, I am guessing u probably had none to begin with. Grow up and get a life aside from Berserk u nerd. lmao

sorry, berserk is awesome but cowboy bebop is the best anime ever. period.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.