Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Berserk: OLD OBSOLETE THREAD

Missing Nin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_Neji_ @ Jan 3 2004, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Berserk? Best of all time? Your opinion proves you&#39;re tongue is immature, since your tastes are flawed. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    i agree, altho i really enjoyed berserk for the characters and storyline, i think the ending was disapointing and i wasnt keen on the drawing style, too dark.

if i had to say anything was the best anime series of all time i&#39;d say it was last exile , excellent plot, amazing drawing and cg, great soundtrack, and had some great characters too

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hiddenpookie @ Jan 6 2004, 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yow yow that was slamma gramma&#33; neiji..ya ur taste are flwed you can tell ur a action only person ahhhh* w/e </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    god, plz stop the stupidity...

you want to know my top five animes?

they&#39;re Trigun, FLCL, Kare Kano, Berserk and wolf&#39;s Rain... only 2 out of the five are action, and only one is pure action..

i would continue, but i&#39;ll be wasting my words on you, if you want to have a reasonable argument like two normal people, then act like one...

about Zodd, it&#39;s true that he didn&#39;t appear in the anime again, but he has quite a role in the manga... besides, we&#39;ve been told that Zodd is a legendary warrior that has been appearing on battlefields for over 300 years, so him dissapeaence wasn&#39;t that much of a suprise...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SubWRX &#064; Jan 3 2004, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> dude, seriously, i asked for your opinion, thats the point of the post, now if you don&#39;t like it...say why, its just an opinion to see what people think about it, and to see if it is really as good as what other people say and i think. but just being an ass and say people suck and are immature, doesn&#39;t much explain WHY the anime or manga sucks, all its doing is making you look like an angry bastard, which i am sure you are, but i still want reasons. ok thanks

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    my opinion is that the anime isnt worth watching unless you planning to read the manga

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Berserk Anime is just too confused... And i have seen many animeseries within the past 5 years...

What happend to that zodd guy in episode 6? he just disappered out of the story.. he just appeared on that hill throwing that sword to gatsu... if you have only watch the anime of berserk then it&#39;s hard to get the story... whit these misses..

I heard of rumors that a Berserk II series, the sequal to the original masterpiece of Berserk, is supposed to be released by Feb. 2004.

Are there any confirmations on this?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DavidOfTheEast @ Jan 10 2004, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I heard of rumors that a Berserk II series, the sequal to the original masterpiece of Berserk, is supposed to be released by Feb. 2004.

Are there any confirmations on this? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Berserks been out a really long time, I doubt we will see a sequal, there is a upcoming game you may have heard about but series is really unlikly.

sorry, 1 more thing. don&#39;t even say, its a shitty plot. i mean the question of why you do what you do in life is a big one. why do you go to work every day, or school, or college, or do nothing. what drives you. do you do it for yourself, to be the best of best and/or to have power. do you do it just cause you do, cause you are forced to, or you have no other choice? do you do it for someone else, cause of envy, or for love. i mean come on, the plot is the bomb. you can relate any of those to any character in Berserk. the ANIME just shows you all the different angles on the same plot, and which the author thinks is the most powerful movitation.

ok i am finally done. get those retarded, immature replies flying.

Just to satisfy your need for an imature post: OMG&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;11 1 DAT PLOT WAS THE SHIZNIT YO&#33;

Anyway...

While the plot of Berserk is definitely great, I have to disagree with your reasoning. Guts does not swing his sword for love, he swings it because it is the only time that he feels complete. He may fight for the love of his comrades (not just Caska) but he sings his sword for himself.

your talking about just in the anime? i got the impression that he only used to swing it just for himself, and the last 3 eps showed that he actually swings it for caska.....but thats the cool thing, everyone has there own take. except for you morons who watch the series muted.

ok....first of all, how can you people say there was no plot?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; its a lot of violence, but i think the underlying plot could be one of the best. its not so much WHAT the plot is about, but the REASONING behind whats going on.

besides plot, the ENDING is incredible, it might leave you hanging, but it also leaves your jaw on the floor, i think thats what a series should do, is leave you bewildered and craving for more. i mean come on, the end was incredible...bashing his own arm off, with a broken sword...jesus, people. going through all that for what he just realized he was really fighting for all those years. you may say the story is incomplete, but if you paid any attention to the plot of the ANIME(not the whole manga) then it definetly does end with the anime. i mean come on guys. the whole anime talks about, why he swings his sword, and through the whole anime, there isn&#39;t really any good reason....until the end&#33; then he realizes he does it for love...now come on. its a love story, that everyone thinks is some straight action deal. the character development is nuts, and the contrasting reasons why each person fights, is amazing.

don&#39;t come and say, the plot wasn&#39;t about that, it was about this...and such. i know there is way more to it, than just that. but that is the main one. atleast what i gathered. anyway their ya go. if you people didn&#39;t see that and understand that, then its the watchers fault not the animes. PAY ATTENTION

I dunno, Berserk IS my favorite series and ive seen quite a few animes thru my years...

berserk iss the type of anime that really sucks you in. i felt the deaths of corkus, pippin, judea, and the little kid (forgot his name. what a useless character) as if they were my own friends (well not really but you get my point). when griffith betrayed his men, i felt like he betrayed me as well. i know this may sound pathetic but no other anime has ever done this for me. when spike died in cowboy bebop, i didnt give a shit. all i thought was &quot;nice. he went out with style&quot;. everytime someone died in dbz, i thought &quot;wonder how many eps it will take to get the balls&quot;. hell, when ash, misty, and brock broke up (i just happened to watch that ep) i thought &quot;good riddance you slit-for-eyes perv and flat chested bitch&quot;. but when i saw gatts chop his arm off with a broken sword, i thought &quot;HOLY SHIT&#33;&#33; FUCK YOU GRIFFITH&#33; FUCK YOU&#33;&#33;&quot; i know i could have said the same thing in two sentences but im in a writing mood.

as for the ending, i guess you can see how it is bad. if you think about it though, its a fitting one. 1) the whole anime was about the developing friendship between gatts and griffith. they had a rough start but they trusted each other more and more as time passed. the anime ended where the friendship ended completely. to draw it out anymore would have turned it into a dbz. they told the story and ended it regardless of the fact that it was a giant cliffhanger. you had the first ep to tell you that he got out anyways so it shouldnt really matter THAT much. 2) the whole series was depressing as hell. the mood of the ending matched the rest of the anime. if they had some happy shit at the end, the whole series would have lost some of its (for lack of a better word) goodness.

i know very few will read the entire post (i skip past long ones too) but if you do, youll realize that i started talking out of my ass somewhere near the beginning. just look past the bullshit and youll get my message.

oh yeah. im not supposed to curse so if you see one, its a typo.

When I first started watching Berserk in november of 1999, I was amazed at the over all concept and story. It was a major breakthrough in anime in my opinion, finally a feudal medieval gothic with a storyline that put almost anything else from that genre to shame. The first episode just throws you right in the middle of Gatt&#39;s world. You have no idea what is going on and the atmosphere is very dark and gothic. You see the Black Swordsman &quot;epitome of cool&quot; chop his way through ruthlessly evil badguys and then destroy their boss in what could be one of the coolest scenes ever. He then takes a look around and thinks back, back to his younger days. He thinks back to when it all started as a young mercenary. The whole anime is an incredible recreation of Gatt&#39;s story. It tells you how and why Gatt&#39;s got branded and is stuck in a freakish hell world portrayed in episode one. The whole show is quite a treat, I would have to say that Berserk is in fact one of the best anime ever. No ki balls, no DBZ action. Just a incredibly well written story, incredibly cool characters, good visuals, good sound, good music, and good voice acting that just pulls you into the story more and more with every episode. Anyone who likes gothic/medieval stuff, should defiantly check out Berserk&#33;

I read the whole thing, and i agree, but I never said the plot was bad, or the show was hard to understand,I simply said that if you dont plan on reading the maga dont watch the anime, cause it will leave you hanging...The whole thing about the end is just my personal preference, that has nothing to do with what im saying here

thank god someone else thinks the same as me, i agree with monster post guy and the last post guy, and joker....its ok, i am sure somebody loves you

ok this is wacky, i dunno why posts about greatest series of all time come up, everyone has their own opinion, it just leads to arguments like this, but im drawn to them so hey, i think series like trigun, naruto, the majority of kenshin, flcl, FMP, FMP:Fumoffu, Onegai Teacher and Twins and GTO and other stuff like that are better than berserk was, of course this is my opinion and the fact of the matter is these series are in entirely diff. groups than berserk but again u asked whether or not it was the greatest ever, i say no, first off, resolution is an important part of anything, death is as important to life as birth is, a series that ends before the story ends cannot be considered complete nor can it be the greatest if it didnt ever finish, i believe what most of u berserk fans are doing is combining the holes u filled by watchin the manga with the thought of the anime, judging the anime alone, no it was not the greatest, berserk the story? maybe the greatest to some people, hell i even liked the Dreamcast Sword of the Berserk game, but a question i&#39;ve always had, how do they NOT let Berserk finish, Ikkitousen was PURE CRAP and had nothing but panty upskirts and jiggling boobs going for it and it stayed on for completion, Green Green TV as much as i loved it, had a gay orgy.... and bears raping men....comon let us have our gore and rape, just show it late at night lol, if they were to allow Berserk to finish maybe u&#39;d have an argument i just cant say an incomplete series was the greatest ever, even if it were complete i dont feel berserk is the greatest

i have really even read the manga, i have read parts, but not enough to judge it. and this whole incomplete thing, i think is what you manga people are thinking. cause the anime itself really is mostly complete. it ends that part of the story. also there isn&#39;t a lot of completed anime series, most just come to some cheesy acceptable ending..but being complete, not really, i don&#39;t think. and yes this is about opinions, and a nice discussion, so keep them coming. and stop bring the word manga into this. this isn&#39;t about the manga, or any relation with the anime to the manga. ok i am done

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SubWRX @ Jan 23 2004, 01:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> and stop bring the word manga into this. this isn&#39;t about the manga, or any relation with the anime to the manga. ok i am done </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    yes this is what I said, if your talking bout the Manga, then it probably is a great story, but what I was saying is that if you dont read the manga, I would advise you dont watch the anime, cause its a real cliffhanger.

I am assuming most people here have watched DBZ...now for those of you who liked it

would you have wanted to watch it when Freiza killed everyone cept Goku, who was beaten up and almost dead, and then boom it ends. I think this is a good comparison.

PS: for those DBZ bashers, Im not asking wether you liked the anime or not.

about berserk being incomplete: i think it was done on purpose. the first episode showed us that he survived and leaves room for a second season. they wanted to finish the arc and stay true to the story at the same time. the only problem is that there is no break in the manga. its just one thing after another. to animate all that would probably require a dbz style length and a hell of a lot more money. the road they took was the best one. if they wanted to complete it, they could have changed the story a little and have gatts die. the only loose end was how he survived.