Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Or maybe he just has a special thing that lets him have multiple fruits without exploding. And then he just went around eating the bodies of fruit eaters.
    How would that work, though? He certainly didn't swallow whitebeard whole. Wasn't his body still there after they removed the curtain? I know the full effect of a devil fruit is granted just by a single bite, and the second bite won't give the power to a different person, so does that mean if someone bites off your finger, they can steal your power from you? Wouldn't someone have remarked on bite marks on whitebeard's body, anyway?

Also, imagine how chewy he must be considering he was able to withstand all those weapons.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    so does that mean if someone bites off your finger they can steal your power from you?
    They might actually have to be dead before it works.

We know from Ceasar's slime that when a fruit user dies, a normal nearby fruit just spontaneously becomes that fruit. Maybe if you take a bit out of them right after they die, it passes to you instead of to a nearby fruit.

Although, if he knows that much about the workings of fruit, it would probably make more sense for him to have just been carrying a fruit with him to eat once it turned into Whitebeard's fruit...

Wouldn't someone have remarked on bite marks on whitebeard's body, anyway?
    I dunno man. At that point, someone had punched a volcano through him. A bite mark might have been insignificant.

Also, imagine how chewy he must be considering he was able to withstand all those weapons.
    Eh, that's all Haki and shit. It goes away once he's dead.

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I remember watching the scene, and her having cleaned her tray of sweets, and then the shot changes to her in bliss, and she kept on eating sweets and I went, "Heh, continuity error".

And then she snaps back to reality and everyone was gone and I went "Oh god...OH GOD WHAT?!"

Then the kids popped out of the trees and I was all "Oh. Nevermind."

Then they faded out and I was all "OH FUCK! OHHHH FUCKING FUCK!!!"

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Siege is on, and Toei blew the rest of this year's animation budget on a sentai transformation scene...

That's okay, it'll be till the rest of the year before any climactic fights happen probably.

Was disappointed in Sanji for leaving Pudding outside.

Was disappointed in Sanji for leaving Pudding outside.
    Pudding's okay. It's not like her family's going to kill her just because she was useless. If anyone would get punished, I would say Brulee is the best bet. Pudding is still a wildcard at this point, so I doubt the strawhats or firetank pirates would want her inside.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

God, watching this series is downright painful now. There's just SOOOO much fucking repetition based filler going on!

Just 20 fucking minutes of Big Mom screaming "Come out Bege! Straw Hat!"

Looks like Luffy ain't gonna be able to do shit to Big Mom unless he's got a 5th Gear to pull out.

Yeah, 4th gear got outright denied when he got mad at being called a coward.

I'm surprised that Big Mom said that the Strawhats would not be able to take down Kaido (and I forgot that was originally the plan) like she knew his power. I figured she was the weakest of the Yonkai and would be beaten now. I like the idea better that the Straw hats escape Whole Cake island and have to deal with the Big Mom pirates an arc or two later at full strength, maybe after another power up. We've never had a recurring villain crew outside of the one true pirate king, Foxy.

Also like that they, in spite of having pretty poor animation, keep coming up with new creepy ways to draw Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I like the idea better that the Straw hats escape Whole Cake island and have to deal with the Big Mom pirates an arc or two later at full strength, maybe after another power up.
    I'm actually hoping that they escape from Big Mom, but she chases them to the Wano Kingdom, and we have this GIANT fucking 3-way war between Kaido, Big Mom and the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 06-20-2018 at 02:14 PM.

I'm actually hoping that they escape from Big Mom, but she chases them to the Wano Kingdom, and we have this GIANT fucking 3-way war between Kaido, Big Mom and the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance.
    Then you hear ZEHAHAHAHA and Blackbeard shows up from fuckin nowhere
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Okay, so there's a bomb in the Mermaid's treasure chest.

But WHY?

I thought maybe the Mermaids were trying to kill Mom. But the flashback shows they never intended her to get the chest. But they never said WHY there was a bomb in the chest in the first place!

Okay, so there's a bomb in the Mermaid's treasure chest.

But WHY?

I thought maybe the Mermaids were trying to kill Mom. But the flashback shows they never intended her to get the chest. But they never said WHY there was a bomb in the chest in the first place!
    The flashback scene with the minister and the mer king actually did happen back in the fishman arc. If you recall, the chest is where those super-strength pills used to be, when Hodi and his gang stole them. The minister had rigged the chest with bombs shortly after that to punish anyone else who came looking for the pills. This was withheld from the king at the time, which is why he allowed Luffy to keep all the treasure after the swamp-dude stole them.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I didn't remember any of that. Thanks!

---

Holy shit is this fucking boring!

This Seducing Woods is a fucking black hole of pacing!!
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 07-30-2018 at 10:19 PM.

---

Holy shit is this fucking boring!

This Seducing Woods is a fucking black hole of pacing!!
    The manga just recently started the arc after this one, so... expect more of this :d
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Good direction/music makes even Pedro's death seem like something poignant.

Always love seeing world players via flashbacks. Security at Roger's execution could have really cleaned up some big names.

...Gekko Moria really let himself go.

Some good scenes in these past 2 eps. Kinda crazy though how boring even the most dramatic cliffhangers can be when you stretch it out long enough, though.

Like why does Carrot's glove have 4 fingers if her hand has 5 fingers? How is Oda gonna do a reveal like that and still not explain it?
    Last edited by Assertn; Mon, 08-20-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Luffy vs. Luffy version 2.0?

---

Currently, the Strawhats are missing two big stereotypical ship roles. Lookout, and helmsman. Carrot would be good with her carrot fueled eyesight and ability to jump a mile into the air(although Violet would have been even better). My hope is that Jinbei turns out to be a skilled helmsman. What with him being a fishman, he might have natural knowledge of how to navigate currents and such.
    Halfway there!
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 09-24-2018 at 01:56 AM.