Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

---

I realize that battle was mostly set up for Nami to shine in, but why the hell wouldn't Luffy use his Conqueror's Haki on that army?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

I realize that battle was mostly set up for Nami to shine in, but why the hell wouldn't Luffy use his Conqueror's Haki on that army?
    Has Luffy demonstrated that he can trigger that at will now? I don't remember.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Has Luffy demonstrated that he can trigger that at will now? I don't remember.
    Definitely. He used it the second time they were on Sabaody to deal with an army of scrubs. He wasn't even under pressure or anything, he just didn't want to deal with them.

I assume Rayleigh taught him to use it properly along with all the other Haki types.

---

I think this is the first time I've seen Brook do something badass since the timeskip.

He's displayed other neat little new abilities, but nothing awesome up till now.

---

I think this is the first time I've seen Brook do something badass since the timeskip.

He's displayed other neat little new abilities, but nothing awesome up till now.
    More or less same for Nami this arc.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I feel like the situation is tailored to make Nami seem powerful though rather than have her actually do anything badass.

All she's doing is waving a piece of paper around and making a lot of rain. Which is very effective in these particular situations, but not in general.

Whereas Brook guitaring up a giant lightning grim reaper(which, granted, hasn't done anything yet) is metal as fuuuuuck.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 11-21-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I feel it would be easier for Luffy to chew his arms off than to tear them, being rubber and all.

I suspect the marriage will fall through and there will be a war between Big Mom and Germa; its the only chaos where I can see the straw hats having a chance to win/escape at this point.

Also, props to Brook for his righteous defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I feel it would be easier for Luffy to chew his arms off than to tear them, being rubber and all.

I suspect the marriage will fall through and there will be a war between Big Mom and Germa; its the only chaos where I can see the straw hats having a chance to win/escape at this point.

Also, props to Brook for his righteous defiance.
    Goddamn the Luffy scenes. The sound effects.... ::shudder::
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Okay, that heel turn genuinely surprised me, but Pudding being evil DRASTICALLY simplifies the plot of this arc.

I'm curious if Big Mom's power will even work on Brook. Does he even HAVE years of life to take?

---

Okay, that heel turn genuinely surprised me, but Pudding being evil DRASTICALLY simplifies the plot of this arc.

I'm curious if Big Mom's power will even work on Brook. Does he even HAVE years of life to take?
    Well, it does take souls. Maybe Brooke has infinite years for Big Mom to farm?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Also, is that fancy gold lighter of Sanji's new? The framing is making it seem important, but I don't remember him having it before this arc.

Also, is that fancy gold lighter of Sanji's new? The framing is making it seem important, but I don't remember him having it before this arc.
    I think that's part of the benefits package of being a prince in a royal family.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Pudding being evil is a bit disappointingly convenient, but she had me totally fooled.

All I can think of every time Carrot calls Chopper "choniki"...

Time for guesses as to who the mysterious third party is. My first guess is a cypher pole unit ... 0 being the only one left with any threat potential. Otherwise, perhaps it is the Capone-like pirates trying to take over their adopted family? He is from the "worst" generation after all, and jimbei hadn't cleared him executing pekoms before he turned traitor.

Good on Brook for copying the glyph, and I'm disappointed Germa really we're being taken for a ride. I half expected them to also be planning a double cross...

Time for guesses as to who the mysterious third party is. My first guess is a cypher pole unit ... 0 being the only one left with any threat potential. Otherwise, perhaps it is the Capone-like pirates trying to take over their adopted family? He is from the "worst" generation after all, and jimbei hadn't cleared him executing pekoms before he turned traitor.

Good on Brook for copying the glyph, and I'm disappointed Germa really we're being taken for a ride. I half expected them to also be planning a double cross...
    Judge thinks like a scientist and like royalty. He doesn't think like a pirate.

Man, that music they played in this episode was good. I swear I heard the one they played near the end once before, though. The song when light was shining down through the clouds. It drives me nuts trying to remember the scene, though, I just remember it being something epic.

Ok, so the part that was messing with my head is the part that starts at 21:50, though it just now dawned on me. I kept thinking it was from some scene with some crazy advanced tech and an awesome projectile attack of some sort, but couldn't think of which arc would have that, then I realized... I was fuckin thinking of this: https://youtu.be/dK4FhqRIaOA?t=1m42s

Tell me that it doesn't sound like the same song. Seriously had me stumped for like half a day.
    Last edited by Assertn; Mon, 02-12-2018 at 01:51 AM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Well, Bege has lofty goals indeed. That meeting looks so interesting! I can't wait!

I didn't mention it last week, but I really loved Sanji getting his own little Arlong Park moment. I half expected Luffy to put his hat on him.

---

Well, Bege has lofty goals indeed. That meeting looks so interesting! I can't wait!

I didn't mention it last week, but I really loved Sanji getting his own little Arlong Park moment. I half expected Luffy to put his hat on him.
    Now I want to see Luffy put his hat on Franky as he bawls his eyes out.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I guess we can file Beige under the "mad dog" category of characters if he both has a plan to kill Big Mam and thinks he will get away with it. Also, it looks like he married Lola's twin sister, because there's no way Big Mam would tolerate her (Lola) coming home like that.

So Bege is just an all around bad-dude, and that has been assured to us in a flashback montage, to boot. What a mess this alliance shall be!

Also, I know it was episodes ago, but I forgot to mention that I thought it was wierd and wierdly cute that Bege's infant child also had the mustache stubble on his upper lip.

Also, I know it was episodes ago, but I forgot to mention that I thought it was wierd and wierdly cute that Bege's infant child also had the mustache stubble on his upper lip.
    I like the little cigar pacifier
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07