Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Excellent transitional episode to cool down the season just before confirming season 3. Hype.

Indeed. Hiatus is definitely the way to go to maintain series quality with these series. One Piece could learn a few things.

Also, I feel like Sero got robbed. Even if he did get KO'd right away, he DID save Minteta, who went on to win. And they specifically said only one person had to escape for them to pass.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 09-30-2017 at 06:54 PM.

New season just began. Nothing to say at the moment as it was a shit recap episode. What a terrible way to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    New season just began. Nothing to say at the moment as it was a shit recap episode. What a terrible way to start the season.
    Nothing to add.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Well after this episode I did go back to read our whole "Mineta peeking is bad" discussion. That was still as hilarious as ever.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Well after this episode I did go back to read our whole "Mineta peeking is bad" discussion. That was still as hilarious as ever.
    Please, for the love of God, why did you bring it up? Please let it end here, please please please.

Still nothing wrong with it. And this time he only wanted to look at thr girls in their swimsuits.

However, opening the 3rd season with a mix of recap AND another peeping joke was recapally bad.

@munsu: nu-uh!

During the recap, they said that Creation girl uses lipids to create her stuff - wonder if that means she gets to lose weight as a side effect, or whether things just originate from where-ever she has subcutaneous fat (and thus skin).

As far as swimsuits go, Invisible girl is still the sexiest in some weird way.

or whether things just originate from where-ever she has subcutaneous fat (and thus skin).
    It's the latter. It's the very reason why Yaoyorozu's costume exposes so much skin when all the other girls (except Hagakure) have considerably more clothing.

It's the stuff like this that makes Hero Academia so popular. Everything is deliberate. There has to be a reason why the female heroes have exposed parts in their costumes. Like how Midnight is covered from neck to toe to make her power more potent when she releases it.

Recap was a bit disappointing, but since this season has been confirmed for 25 episodes, I'll forgive it. I kinda enjoyed how the winners of the swim contest were the ones who didn't actually swim, save Midoria.

Fuck, 75% recap, 25% hot springs episode subversion!

What a stupid first episode, full of recap. The studio should change the director to a competent one.

Imma go ahead and hold off on judging the director for more than ONE EPISODE.

---

Ahh, that's better.

I was shocked when that scene with Deku standing around talking to those women in nothing but a towel didn't turn comedic.

What does GG mean by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

I was shocked when that scene with Deku standing around talking to those women in nothing but a towel didn't turn comedic.
    Hagakure and her invisibility was funny, on the other hand. Her entire use in the forest relied on her not using her invisibility. The fact that Alien Queen hi-fived her was pretty sick.

I look forward to seeing how she'd make her perk "stronger". If she ends up removing her presence (ie stops displacing water in a bath), that would actually change her perk entirely.

And another fan-service centric episode. Swimswuits, onsen, what's left? Ah, how about a maid café? Lol

Otherwise bland episode. Losing interest in this series. Reminds me of Ballroom e Youkoso. Strong start, but then ...

So... no one knows what "GG" means?

Where is it mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Where is it mentioned?
    Bakugo says it to Todoroki, calls him something "you GG bastard" when they arrive at the cabin. Now I wonder if he meant "jiji" as in old dude (which I don't know why he would if that was the case).