Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1493

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Next transformation: Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct Master Kaioken x 20 Goku or SSGSSUIMKX20 goku for short.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    It's a God form not a Saiyan one though. So it's just UI Goku. Or Ultra Instinct Mastered Goku.

Or after a while they'll just call it White.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    It's a God form not a Saiyan one though. So it's just UI Goku. Or Ultra Instinct Mastered Goku.

Or after a while they'll just call it White.
    I reckon they'll go for Gin/Silver. White Goku already exists.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Makes sense to call it Silver. I mean SSJ are known for their 'Golden' hair so it'd be a nice way of indicating a new 'branch'. I just hope this won't be Goku exclusive. Vegeta needs to have a proper win in the series. I know he won't get one here so maybe when the show starts back up again after the break.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    And Silver is in line with their age and the older audience still watching after so many decades...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Super Saiyan Star Platinum

Super Sayian Retirement...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Jounin
    Still can't stand the mistranslation of Ultra Instinct and I doubt it is a God form as you can tell from the story progression to this point.

Other Angels like Whis may know of UI and what Goku unlocked I would not call it Ultra Instinct, especially when talking about angel powers or even God powers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami

Nothing to note of anything divine happening to Goku and the only other divine aspect we know of is Whis powers of creation and Beerus' powers of Deestruction (Hakai).

If we go with the angels being stronger than their destructive counter parts, then Zeno's Angel is stronger than himself and if true, that means there is someone or something stronger than both of them combined. That means Goku's badly mistranslated Ultra Instinct is possibly the end of the line for Goku and possibly the Saiyan physiology. Unless Toriyama or even TOEI decide to throw divinity out the window, then the only next course for training would be their spirit as the Saiyan physiology as reached the end of the line. That also means Ultra Instinct cannot combat True Darkness and would only feed the Darkness if such a power exists in Toriyama's universes.

I would say TOEI and Akira Toriyama fucked up, which would explain why viewership dropped by 60 % in Japan. This break in the series is probably for the best and hopefully they can think of a way out of this crap they shoved out of the Super series.

I feel like we've covered some of this earlier, but here goes:

1) Why do you call UI a mistranslation? The literal translation is essentially something like "Essence of self movement". It's about the body auto-dodging shit without thinking. Ultra Instinct is a nice-sounding term that carries a similar meaning.

The way it's presented, is something that goes beyond the name. Besides auto-dodge, Goku seems to suffer from high Ki consumption, and this state seems to give him more striking power.

Here's the key point: Whis has explained and demonstrated what Ultra Instinct is himself, and it's different to Goku's. Whis just dodges like a boss, and that's it. UI is a state of mind and training. All the shiny stuff around Goku is not what UI represents.

What is happening to Goku appears to be a combination of self-movement as well as a different usage of his Ki. The state/art of UI does not adequately explain everything that is happening to Goku right now - that's the issue. The translation however, is fine for what they're trying to get across.

Again, for clarrification, UI is not a new form or something necessarily tied to divinity. It is however, something that only gods and angels seem to know about or have tried and been successful in accomplishing thus far. Remember that Whis demonstrated this to Goku/Vegeta earlier in the series, but his teaching never actually stated that Godly Ki/form was a requirement for this.

2) As for Angels vs Gods of Destruction, Angels seem to be the masters of Martial Arts. They punch the shit through you. Gods of Destruction destroy shit with their destruction powers. That's all there is to it.

Zeno's angel will probably beat Zeno in a fist fight, that is true. That doesn't stop Zeno from being the strongest being in the universe simply because he can delete anything and everything.

In Summary:

1) The translation (that is, the English term derived from the Japanese term) for UI is fine. It describes the art of self movement. The problem lies in that what Goku performs goes beyond the UI that Whis and everyone else knows.

2) Gods of destruction are strong because this Destruction Ki. Angels are strong because they punch well. Zeno is pretty much the strongest god of destruction around, and he doesn't even have to use Destruction Ki to do it. He just wills it.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 02-27-2018 at 07:51 AM.

---

No surprises there. Some good action. A new transformation. More good action.

I like how everyone has completely forgotten that Freeza is still in the tournament.

That would be the funniest ending to me. If Goku and Jiren fought each other to a standstill until time ran out, and U7 wins by numbers.

So I've heard there's actually only 2 episodes left of Super. That only leaves 1 episode to finish the fight, then 1 episode to deal with the wish and any other fallout from the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    That would be the funniest ending to me. If Goku and Jiren fought each other to a standstill until time ran out, and U7 wins by numbers.
    This is pretty much what I expect to happen.

Kinda expecting them to knock each other out and Freeza winning since he's the only one left. Or taking advantage of the both of them once they are out of energy. It'd be nice to see the 'bad' guy win due to a fluke.

Pretty sure Goku wins but loses all energy and Frieza throws him out of bonds for his revenge/pleasure.
    But since a vilain can't win in the end, Goku gets out of bonds a milisecond after the end of the tournament, so he's still a winner.
    Frieza gets disqualified for some reason.
    Or any other development that goes around the same ideas that Frieza does his vilain job without winning in the end.

Then we know a good dose of dragon will put the universes back to their state and everyone is happy.
    Zenos get another tournament next year, wiling to have another Goku/Jiren showdown or even some Vegeta...
    And why not Gods having a tournament with Jiren/Goku and Vegeta as guests... but we only get to see that as a 10 second filler.

It's not like we get a surprise from that franchise...

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Kinda expecting them to knock each other out and Freeza winning since he's the only one left. Or taking advantage of the both of them once they are out of energy. It'd be nice to see the 'bad' guy win due to a fluke.
    This is what I'm expecting. Goku will defeat Jiren. But then be out of energy, and Freeza will just boot him out. And then we'll have to deal with the fallout of Freeza getting his wish.

I absolutely expect Freezer to be the deciding factor, which is honestly kinda dumb. The stakes are WAY too how for anybody to forget about him.

Anyway, Freezer will make a wish, which sets up the next arc.

Only question is how Kefla and co. get to return. Maybe Zeno revives everybody on a whim simply because there's more enjoyment to be had with everybody.

maybe instead of erasing them he's teleporting them somewhere

wants everyone to think they will be erased so they will fight seriously

well, probably not

Whis' father being the ultimate angel, I'm pretty sure he can recreate the universes if he needs to.
    That or his rewind ability (same as Whis', but longer) is a little longer than the tournament duration that was conveniently set by none but himself....

If he rewinds time wouldn't goku lose mastered UI since it technically didn't happen?

Someone must remember it though. I can't remember exactly what happened when Frieza destroyed Earth, but Whis saved them, then rewound time and Vegeta just made sure to fuck Frieza over.

If it's actual mind-learning then UI should stay.

Zeno wouldn't have teleported the universes away just to make these guys fight. He's too dumb for that.

Whiz did that because he has attachments to Earth. Mostly because it's where Goku and Vegeta live. Plus all of the food. So I think he didn't do it just to screw over Freeza. The Grand Priest has no such attachments so reversing time would be a bit odd. Plus it would mean he would be strong enough to UNDO Zeno's Universal destruction. Which to me would be a bit too OP for someone who isn't the strongest being out there.