Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    S2-E22.

-------------

I didn't like this fight. It had no feel to it.

If Ryu was to channel moves and spells from her old guildmates then we should see them, not have her summon avatars and just pummel the Juggernaut with her own spell.

Design-wise I just noticed that the Juggernaut was given horizontally slit pupils, which is generally a trait of prey/herbivors to increase peripheral vision in order to avoid predators.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 03-16-2023 at 11:53 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I didn't like this fight. It had no feel to it.
    It kind of felt like Ryu had to defeat the thing in a flashy manner. It's pretty funny considering Ryuu was running out of mana all the time prior to this, but she certainly had enough left for a big one. I feel like it could have ended with Bell creating a concrete opening by blowing off a body part and Ryuu just exploiting that exposed way into the innards. At the end of the day, that's kind of what happened, but I think it was silly Ryuu had so much steam left and it almost looked like Bell's attack didn't do much, even though it was a repeat of his most famous finisher against the minotaur. Maybe the series could have gone even further than made those two use better tactics and the environment, forced by having very little strength left.

Nevertheless, I'm just happy the deep dungeon escape arc is finnally over. It certainly took long enough!

If nothing else, it's harem+1. No doubt about it.

C'mon! Now level up!

Was last week the season finale?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Was last week the season finale?
    I was expecting an episode today, but MAL says it finished on March 18th, so I guess so.

That's annoying. That arc really needed an epilogue episode.

I need to see Bell level up. And I need to see mermaid get carried in a bathtub to where the other Xenos live.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 03-24-2023 at 12:12 PM.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    That dry end to a taxing arc is not showing a lot of respect to the audience...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I need to see Bell level up.
    That was definitely needed. Now it feels like after everything they went through, it changed nothing. That's ridiculous. I guess it did make Ryuu fall in love with Bell and Welf can now make perfect magic weapons, but seeing Bell's progress would have been direly needed.

Oh yeah, I also want to see if Ryu goes back to work at the cafe, or if she becomes an adventurer again. Possibly joining Bell's Familia.

The Hestia Familia could really use Ryuu since she's an experienced adventurer who has prior experience of the deeper floors. Of course Bell as well now has experience of some of them, but it wasn't a normal excursion, it was an accident to flee for his life. If they had Ryuu, they could actually properly prepare and advance by maximising safety and efficiency. Ryuu is so comfortable in the dungeon that her real talents are totally wasted by only working at the inn. The inn proprietress herself should realise that. I really hope she would join the Hestia familia directly, but at the very least she should join their dungeon trips. And have Hestia check her status if nobody else is going to do it. Hestia would be her usual jealous self due to one more woman hanging around Bell, but on the other hand Hestia loves her whole familia and thus wouldn't reject someone who would be a huge asset in keeping her familia safe in the dungeon.

Ryu isn't just another woman hanging around though. She's in love with Bell. Hestia and Lili don't want more competition!

Ryu isn't just another woman hanging around though. She's in love with Bell. Hestia and Lili don't want more competition!
    What's one more? There's already Hestia, Lili, Ais (though she might not realise it herself, but Bell himself actually admires her a lot), Haruhime, and Syr. Maybe Eina Tulle from the Guild as well, but I don't recall if Hestia and Lili are aware of her. Even the likes of Freya pay too much attention to Bell for Hestia's comfort. No matter how much they dislike competition, Lili and Hestia couldn't ignore that Ryuu did save Bell's life this time, even if he also saved hers. Actually, there's also the Xenos girl Wiene.

It's been a while since I've heard Bell look up to Ais actually. In the past he was chasing after her. Lately he's been preoccupied with saving Xenos/Ryu that he hasn't really had a chance to think that way anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    It's been a while since I've heard Bell look up to Ais actually.
    Well, yeah, because we've been on the same story arc for, like, a year now.

In universe, it's probably only been, like, a week, since he's seen her.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Poking my head in after only watching S1 years back. Since we now have four full seasons of this, how much of it is worth watching, would you say? Is this any better than other I-can't-believe-its-not-isekai fantasy action?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Poking my head in after only watching S1 years back. Since we now have four full seasons of this, how much of it is worth watching, would you say? Is this any better than other I-can't-believe-its-not-isekai fantasy action?
    If you've felt zero desire to know what will happen next, after watching the first season, then you can probably save the time for something else. Personally, I like the series and all the characters and factions in it. There's also the Sword Oratoria side story, centered around the Loki familia, which has a bit different approach since it's not about noobs. Still, if you are here asking, aren't you actually interested?

Like with any other series, some episodes are more thrilling, some are slower. This last season was pretty slow, but as a Danmachi fan, it was still worth it for me.