Thread: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aaand caught up! Watched all 6 episodes in one go Had to laugh out loud, when that recite of Bellīs grandfather in ep1 was basically what I parodied in my earlier posting in this thread, haha.

Anyway, this is actually a nice medieval fantasy anime. Another twist on the whole mmorpg-anime genre.

Now, what makes no sense at all is Bell himself. His main goal is to find a girl, that much was made clear. So ... whatīs he doing?! Heīs living with a hot girl that obviously likes him, too. Iīm still waiting for a "itīs impossible to have a relationship with a goddess" explanation, but from an earlier episode, it seems that that isnt even forbidden. So ... what?!
    Then he meets Syr girl, a super cute maid, who openly tells him she likes him. And again, he doesnīt pick up anything.
    I really have to question his motives. And itīs not like thereīs a deeper connection between him and Aiz.

Im glad that Lily has finally returned to her senses. Itīs kinda boring to watch a transparent plot unfold. Both her and Kiritoīs voice actor give me bad feelings of harem-ness starting, though. Ugh.

I hope the remaining party member joins soon, so the anime can focus on progressing the actual adventure.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Now, what makes no sense at all is Bell himself. His main goal is to find a girl, that much was made clear. So ... whatīs he doing?! Heīs living with a hot girl that obviously likes him, too. Iīm still waiting for a "itīs impossible to have a relationship with a goddess" explanation, but from an earlier episode, it seems that that isnt even forbidden. So ... what?!
    Then he meets Syr girl, a super cute maid, who openly tells him she likes him. And again, he doesnīt pick up anything.
    I really have to question his motives. And itīs not like thereīs a deeper connection between him and Aiz.
    I reckon he's aiming for Aiz because he admires her. He wants to become a strong adventurer and Aiz is a shining example of that. She's also beautiful and elegant, which is something Bell isn't (or handsome and elegant in his case, since he's a dude). He's fleeing from her, though, because he's too embarrassed by getting saved by her due to his weakness. As a man he doesn't want to appear weak in front of his crush. Quite natural.

I've said it before, but it's more or less obvious Bell respects Hestia too deeply as a goddess to allow himself to see her as a catchable woman. Naturally he's somewhat conscious of her cuteness and feminity, but it does look like he draws a line. Hestia herself would need to erase that line, but she's too airheaded to realise such a simple thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I hope the remaining party member joins soon, so the anime can focus on progressing the actual adventure.
    What adventure? These adventurers are more like blue-collar workers who go to the dungeon 8AM and climb back up 4PM to call it a day. Why, they are essentially like miners mining the magical monster crystals, which seem to power the city. If there's an adventure, it must be an accident and a nuisance, kind of like a collapsed mine in RL, trapping miners.