Episode 3 - HS

- - - - - -

This felt a bit boring, to be honest, maybe partly because there was no fricking musical performance of any sort to speak of in the first three eps, almost. Fortunately at the very end the best girl, Reina, alone decided to save this show and make me not drop it after a 3 eps trial.

Ryll calls Kumiko realistic, and I won't deny that. But that's also why she annoys me. Real people of that age aren't interesting at all unless they are really focused on something. Kumiko isn't. She even wanted to change her instrument when she's already in high school, which means she in reality wanted to vote for the second choice of only having fun. She had the kind of ambition a group mentality can generate, but for her personally it doesn't matter at all whether the band gets anywhere. Although I have no doubt her home environment is partly to blame, with the bitch of an older sister.

Apart from Reina, Tanaka seems like the only energetic driving force, but unfortunately I don't really like her character type. The president is worthless. She might be okay if the band was composed of really focused and eager people, but since it's the opposite, the president is a waste of brass. I hope the end of the third ep means that Kumiko will leave behind her ultimate ordinary personality and do what an MC should do and reform the club with her own example.

The teacher is quite interesting, but again the useless president makes it all go to waste. The teacher said right in the beginning he honours the students own initiative and decisions, yet the president is totally incapable of making any decisions or lead anybody. She should be replace asap. The new president could then select a more inspirating composition as well. It would be 100% guaranteed the teacher wouldn't mind if it produced results.