Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
The point hits home where she didn't even care about the pretty scene, just that she's doing something no one else would.

Her attraction to Kumiko's kind of weird though. Actually, everything that goes on between them is weird. Hot weird, but still weird. I'm in a state of confusion whenever I'm watching it. It's mainly how Reina's advances just come out of nowhere (like that hair-throwing scene at the traffic lights last time)
Didn't you answer your own questions? She did it to be special. I reckon she sees Kumiko a bit special as well due to her bitchiness behind the polite facade. Kumiko was first interested in her, which means Reina could be just using Kumiko for practice and as an outlet as well. The mountain climb was a single, straightforward event, so she could have planned it all out beforehand, and then just followed that script. It's special, after all. If she really wants to become a special musician, it works much better if her whole personality has some peculiarities as that would make her memorable. She just needs the guts to develop herself into that direction. Based on this ep, she has what it takes, at least for now.