Thread: One Piece 682

One Piece 682

One Piece 682

--------------------------------------------------

See, now THERE'S a suitable opponent for Zoro. A sword wielding Admiral.

I feel bad for Law, having to be luggage for this stage of the battle.

Koala is kinda badass. Her hand webs up when she fights, I wonder if that's Fishman karate she's using.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I feel bad for Law, having to be luggage for this stage of the battle.
    I don't understand why Zoro simply doesn't cut Law's cuffs. There's no way Zoro wouldn't be able to cut sea stone at this point of the story. He was able to cut steel already ages before the time jump. If he still can't cut sea stone, he's no good as a swordsman and will never be. It would make sense no fruit power could affect the mineral, but Zoro's powers have nothing to do with fruits.

The best part of this ep was Zoro kicking Dellinger's ass, rerouting Dellinger's kick to hit the other executive.

Looks like you were right: Pica can't get tired, even if he destroyed the whole island.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I don't understand why Zoro simply doesn't cut Law's cuffs. There's no way Zoro wouldn't be able to cut sea stone at this point of the story. He was able to cut steel already ages before the time jump. If he still can't cut sea stone, he's no good as a swordsman and will never be. It would make sense no fruit power could affect the mineral, but Zoro's powers have nothing to do with fruits.
    It's also been stated before that Sea Prism Stone is harder than diamond. So it's not just like cutting through rock. It's probably the hardest substance in the One Piece world.

Which of course makes me curious how they make stuff out of it.

Indeed. The very fact they can make whatever they want out of it, and obviously without using any magical fruit powers, means it wouldn't be so difficult to work on and thus cut. Otherwise this story is contradicting itself big time. It's also quite ubiquitous in the world, unlike huge chunks of diamonds. I suppose Oda might have read enough Marvel back in the day and copied adamantium lore (which I still don't understand).

All that being said, it shouldn't really matter to Zoro. He isn't cutting with superior strength. He's following the path, or philosophy, of being able to cut nothing or anything. Once he learns the breath of sea stone, he's able to cut it, plain and simple. Considering how much experience he has under his belt already, it shouldn't take much time even if he hasn't needed to try so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Koala is kinda badass. Her hand webs up when she fights, I wonder if that's Fishman karate she's using.
    Yeah, pretty nice detail. I think they skipped the part of her (re)intro where they mention she's an expert at fishman karate, which is too bad, because Koala's badass.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Indeed. The very fact they can make whatever they want out of it, and obviously without using any magical fruit powers, means it wouldn't be so difficult to work on and thus cut.
    But they've expressly stated that it is. Hard as diamond = difficult to cut.

It's also quite ubiquitous in the world, unlike huge chunks of diamonds. I suppose Oda might have read enough Marvel back in the day and copied adamantium lore (which I still don't understand).
    Well, that's exactly it though. For all we know, Sea Stone is shaped using some weird scientific process created by Vegapunk that has nothing to do with actually cutting into it.

All that being said, it shouldn't really matter to Zoro. He isn't cutting with superior strength. He's following the path, or philosophy, of being able to cut nothing or anything. Once he learns the breath of sea stone, he's able to cut it, plain and simple. Considering how much experience he has under his belt already, it shouldn't take much time even if he hasn't needed to try so far.
    I don't agree with this assessment. I think "what Zoro is and isn't able to cut" is meant to be a meter of his skill as a swordsman. And him being able to cut through Sea Stone is something that won't happen until the end of the series.

Probably right after he defeats one of the Blackbeard Pirates after they've taken Jozu's fruit.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 02-15-2015 at 02:50 PM.